Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Swans Academy thread

Regular in the Side
    Final score Swans 16.9.105 beating Power 9.7.61

Pushing for Selection
    Some stats on the hastily arranged game v GWS can be found on afl.draftcentral - regulars Felix Rogers, Pierce Roseby and Angus Anderson mentioned as key players. Result was Giants 69 Swans 63.

There seems to be an academy game today, at 9.30am v Tasmania. There's a link on the Swans academy Facebook page, and I assume that you would also be able to find it on YouTube.
    Unfortunately, some of the academy members that most caught my attention, in the little bit that I've seen: Anderson, Pfrengle and Edwards aren't in the named side. However there is a Longmire named in the forward line, so I'm wondering if that's one of John's sons? Hopefully it is and he'll put in a performance good enough, to take John's mind off last night's debacle.

It seems that the "Live Stream" icon on the Swans academy facebook page, is just redundant page decoration, rather than an actual link. Grrrr. Though I am assuming that the game did start at 9.30am. The listed start time on the page is 9T.30am, which may not actually be 9.30?

Thought I'd check the Nab League app, in the off chance that they're live streaming it. They are.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    There seems to be an academy game today, at 9.30am v Tasmania. There's a link on the Swans academy Facebook page, and I assume that you would also be able to find it on YouTube.
    Unfortunately, some of the academy members that most caught my attention, in the little bit that I've seen: Anderson, Pfrengle and Edwards aren't in the named side. However there is a Longmire named in the forward line, so I'm wondering if that's one of John's sons? Hopefully it is and he'll put in a performance good enough, to take John's mind off last night's debacle.
    Final Score 88-84 to Tasmania. Swans academy lead at all the breaks but couldnt hold on. Thought it was a pretty scrappy game . Rossman 31 disposals and was probably best for me.

Longmire is son of John. Has been in the academy for a while now but often injured.

Pfrengle and Edwards out with longer term injuries. Anderson not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    Final Score 88-84 to Tasmania. Swans academy lead at all the breaks but couldnt hold on. Thought it was a pretty scrappy game . Rossman 31 disposals and was probably best for me.

Longmire is son of John. Has been in the academy for a while now but often injured.

Pfrengle and Edwards out with longer term injuries. Anderson not sure.
    Yes, I ended up watching the second and third quarters, and a few minutes here and there of the fourth. I also liked the game of Rossman. I thought Rogers played very well, in the bit that I saw.

I could see a certain amount of family resemblance with young Longmire, and I liked his tackling efforts and the way he went in hard.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    with young Longmire, and I liked his tackling efforts and the way he went in hard.
    Those attributes were presumably non-negotiable if he wanted to remain part of the Longmire family.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Those attributes were presumably non-negotiable if he wanted to remain part of the Longmire family.
    Yes, it may have been mentioned over the dinner table, once or twice.

Veterans List
    Marco Rossman was eligible to be drafted last ND but not picked up. Can we still match a bid if we did want to draft him this year as a 19yo?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Marco Rossman was eligible to be drafted last ND but not picked up. Can we still match a bid if we did want to draft him this year as a 19yo?
    Yes

Six swans academy players in 39 man allies squad - Anderson , Alker , Puncher, Pfrengle, Roseby , Rogers

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast