Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Round 3: the other games. The look who's 0/3 round.

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    When do we get to play norf?
    North were embarrassing to watch. Not sure what happen to Rhyce Shaw and his family issues, but they desperately need him back.

When you look at that North side playing today there are some good players in their team. They should not be losing like that! They were ok in the first half but after that ...

The youngster that they picked instead of Logan McDonald earned 9 possessions. He won't forget his first ever game for all the wrong reasons. It was a massacre.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    When you look at that North side playing today there are some good players in their team. They should not be losing like that! They were ok in the first half but after that ...

The youngster that they picked instead of Logan McDonald earned 9 possessions. He won't forget his first ever game for all the wrong reasons. It was a massacre.
    Lol@Norf - that is all that needs to be said. Long, long, long may it continue. Unless the AFL finally puts them out of their misery - if only.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

In any other comp in the world, norf wound have been kicked out ten years ago. This is the weak AFLs creation.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    In any other comp in the world, norf wound have been kicked out ten years ago. This is the weak AFLs creation.
    Time for North to head to Tassie.

Veterans List
    Crows beat Suns by 10 points.....Tex bags another 6. Give him the Coleman now. Unbelievable! Got to hand it to him, he's reflected over the summer that he has to lead this young team by example and has delivered in spades. Happy for Matty Nicks. Great coach in the making.

Swans and Crows are the stories of 2021 so far. Let's hope we can add to that story tomorrow.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    I watched a little of the first and second quarters. You're right - they have some good enough players. I saw a number of good individual efforts to win contests. But they don't have a system for moving the ball. Any player who has it just picks the easiest option - a kick backwards to a free man 15m away, all too often. It looks like they are all terrified of trying something more adventurous and turning the ball over. But if you're going to lose by 128 points, you might as well do so taking some risks.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Crows beat Suns by 10 points.....Tex bags another 6. Give him the Coleman now. Unbelievable! Got to hand it to him, he's reflected over the summer that he has to lead this young team by example and has delivered in spades. Happy for Matty Nicks. Great coach in the making.

Swans and Crows are the stories of 2021 so far. Let's hope we can add to that story tomorrow.
    If it bleeds, we can kill it.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

David Noble threatened his players that if they didn't try harder they would be delisted and could end up at a club with a chance of winning a game.

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor 01 View Post
    North were embarrassing to watch. Not sure what happen to Rhyce Shaw and his family issues, but they desperately need him back.
    I had a different thought - that I was so pleased for Rhyce that he was out of that disaster zone.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    If it bleeds, we can kill it.
    Amen!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I had a different thought - that I was so pleased for Rhyce that he was out of that disaster zone.
    +1

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    North just slipped to 100 points behind the Dogs. Almost starting to feel sorry for their fans. Well, the ones that weren't booing Goodesy.
    As a Melbourne-based Swan of many, many years, I've found plenty of reasons to thoroughly dislike most other Melbourne clubs. I have a soft spot for the Demons but can't stand all the other clubs.

I can't stand the Bulldogs but it's only because of 2016. And as much as what happened on Grand Final day that year still makes my blood boil, I don't actually hold it against their supporters. But North Melbourne supporters are feral and have been for years. And their treatment of Goodesy was abhorrent! As a result, I was more than happy to see them cop the thumping they received on Friday - even if it was at the hands of another club that I'd like to see fail. I have no problem at all watching North flounder!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast