Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Sydney vs Richmond: Game day thread

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    40 points up at half time. If I was enjoying it before, I'm loving it now.

I've not been listening to the whole game (ABC radio broadcast), but I have it on in the background while smashing some housework.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Just want to add that the improvement in Wicks is nothing short of amazing. I remember when he first put his hand up for the draft, I was disappointed he didn't get a start. I think a few good judges felt he didn't have what it took to take his game beyond being a F50 tackling machine.

Proud to say, I wasn't one of those. To me, it was clear from what he showed in the Neafl that he could find the ball and kick some goals and he's now showing it on the big stage.

Bloody hell boys - I was hoping for us to give 'em a tough run today. Not to play such a sensational first half of footy - with a bit better kicking we would be 10+ goals up.

I think I've found the secret to our success.... the move to the angry swans emblem!

Damn though, some sensational footy in that first half. I am loving how we are not taking a single step backwards, and playing 'our game' - not trying to find a way to stop Richmond, but finding a way for our team to play our style.

Come on boys - keep it up int he 2nd half.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    It's on the cards that we will get the Rising Star noms for the first five weeks. Warner this week, McDonald and/or Wicks over the following 2 weeks.....it's exciting but I digress.

- - - Updated - - -

Free on the siren! To go 40 up! .......and there it is! Brilliant half of footy!!!
    Wicks is too old to get RS. Gee he is improved massively however!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

How good is this..? So happy for our team, win lose or draw, we're playing so well.

And it's exciting footy...so great for the game in Sydney.

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Just want to add that the improvement in Wicks is nothing short of amazing. I remember when he first put his hand up for the draft, I was disappointed he didn't get a start. I think a few good judges felt he didn't have what it took to take his game beyond being a F50 tackling machine.

Proud to say, I wasn't one of those. To me, it was clear from what he showed in the Neafl that he could find the ball and kick some goals and he's now showing it on the big stage.
    I just wish Wicks won't kick to someone else when he is in the forward 50!! He is a beautiful kick.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    We have tactically beaten the Tigers in the first half. Dimma doesn't seem to have any reply to our high pressure swarm at the contest, followed by quick hands and pinpoint kicks to hard running outside players.

We saw evidence of this last year but the boys have taken it to another level. Horse started it, clearly Pyke is helping him finish it. Such exciting times!
    It sounds silly, but it feels like we've thrown out the book, said 'lets play like the harlem globetrotters' and make it all work from there. Its a long time since a Swans team has headed out with the idea that 'you want a shootout, bring it on' sort of mindset. I thought we might improve quite a bit this year, but so far its way beyond expectations.

And the great part so far today - we've got seriously good players (Heeney for instance, Hewett quiet, Rampe quiet) not having a great day.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I have a nasty feeling GWS are going to make a big play for Pyke fairly soon.
    They can try all they like.....but we might have another transition plan in the wings the way things are going.

At the game. Cant quite believe my eyes. We are TROUNCING the premiers. We’ve been harder and cleaner.

70 points at half time off 36 inside 50s. If we’d kicked straight we’d have 100+ already.

Seriously did not see this shellacking.

Please please please let us keep our boot on their throat for 4 quarters

Fantastic first half. What a great team of bloods. It exceeded my wildest dreams for the game. Wish we could have kicked those 5 posters as it would have really shaken the big headed tigers.

C’mon boys keep the throttle flat to the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sun View Post
    Can’t believe what I’m seeing. This team is so good, they’re the real deal. Umpires being unusually kind to us as well - I’ll take that!

Absolutely loving this.
    No 7 doing his best to help Richmond along, but we are getting a fair crack at it today so far.

I’m issuing my 2nd apology today.

To all Wicks fans, I’m sorry for doubting him. He is playing very well.

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny40519 View Post
    Fantastic first half. What a great team of bloods. It exceeded my wildest dreams for the game. Wish we could have kicked those 5 posters as it would have really shaken the big headed tigers.

C’mon boys keep the throttle flat to the floor.
    3 Posters to Sydney two to Richmond.

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast