Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-match Discussion: Round 4 V Bombers @SCG

I also don't see the need to have separate threads for game day and ore-match. I think it makes more sense to have all the posts in one place. The only reason I can think of for doing it the other way is for posters who just turn up on the day and want to know where to start. But then, surely, they have a choice between starting either at the beginning or with the most recent post.

I also agree with Ludwig about Ling. 100%.

Call it arrogance. Call it hype. Call it what you like, but I firmly believe we have the most talented list in the league. That doesn’t mean we won’t lose, we’re bound to put in a shocker soon, but player for player I’d back this team against anyone.

We’re still young and still learning so losses will come, lessons will come and hopefully they only make us better and more prepared for a flag tilt very soon.

As for this week, we can’t be caught napping but I don’t think we will. Even the young guys like Errol, Chad and Logan seem to have their heads screwed on and then we’ve seen such maturity in Florent and Heeney is like a beautiful general lol. We’ll be right in terms of avoiding complacency.

How good is it to just casually add Buddy to this juggernaut? That’s a luxury I never saw coming.

Swans by 33.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Earlier posts have discussed there being a big crowd on Thursday night. I think the emphasis when it comes to crowds at the SCG should
    on quality rather than quantity. Right now they are just letting anyone in. There are people there who want to sing along with an old Neil
    Diamond song. There are people who are prepared to wave a cardboard sign around with a corporations name on it. There are people who
    look at their phones the entire game whilst talking about their sex life loudly. There are people there that don't know Buddy's surname.
    We talk about the character of the team and how important it is ad nauseam. What about the character of the crowd?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    JMac should definitely stay in.

Stephens yes but Ling has shown nothing in the 3 games he has played. Will be delisted at the end of the year for sure.
    Why does McInerney definitely stay in? Only 12 touches and 1 tackle, he's hardly secured his spot. If RB is fit, it will be a tough call got the selection committee.

Ling did show glimpses last year, and then in the trial game this year, that suggest he's going to be a very good long term player. I think he's a better defender than Lloyd and a better user than Cunningham. And once he gets in the team this year, will be hard to take out.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Earlier posts have discussed there being a big crowd on Thursday night. I think the emphasis when it comes to crowds at the SCG should
    on quality rather than quantity. Right now they are just letting anyone in. There are people there who want to sing along with an old Neil
    Diamond song. There are people who are prepared to wave a cardboard sign around with a corporations name on it. There are people who
    look at their phones the entire game whilst talking about their sex life loudly. There are people there that don't know Buddy's surname.
    We talk about the character of the team and how important it is ad nauseam. What about the character of the crowd?
    “Right now we are just letting anyone in”.

Wow. We are Australia, the great egalitarian society. Any person can come to the football as long as they don’t display dangerous or unacceptable behaviour.

If people don’t know the players, does it matter?

If people are looking at their phones (as long as there is no inappropriate imagery), does it matter?

If people want to sing along to the ground announcer song, does it matter?

If people are waving a cardboard sign with a corporation name on it, that’s fantastic. The corporate sponsors keep wanting to invest in the Swans when that occurs.

Loud conversations on phones can be annoying if people are not considerate of others around them.

Society spends all its time being concerned or outraged about what other people are doing. That’s leading individuals to feel a lack of control in their own lives and subsequently their mental health suffers.

Focus on why you love going to the football, focus on the beauty of the game. Focus on the great escape that football is providing to you.

If you are going to the football it’s all about “you”, not about what others are doing (as long as others behaviour is within acceptable standards).

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    “Right now we are just letting anyone in”.

Wow. We are Australia, the great egalitarian society. Any person can come to the football as long as they don’t display dangerous or unacceptable behaviour.

If people don’t know the players, does it matter?

If people are looking at their phones (as long as there is no inappropriate imagery), does it matter?

If people want to sing along to the ground announcer song, does it matter?

If people are waving a cardboard sign with a corporation name on it, that’s fantastic. The corporate sponsors keep wanting to invest in the Swans when that occurs.

Loud conversations on phones can be annoying if people are not considerate of others around them.

Society spends all its time being concerned or outraged about what other people are doing. That’s leading individuals to feel a lack of control in their own lives and subsequently their mental health suffers.

Focus on why you love going to the football, focus on the beauty of the game. Focus on the great escape that football is providing to you.

If you are going to the football it’s all about “you”, not about what others are doing (as long as others behaviour is within acceptable standards).
    Someone's sense of humour has gone missing.

Veterans List
    Danger game!

How do I find out if the 2's are playing pre game outside? Thanks folks. Cheer cheer. 🔴⚪🔴⚪🔴🥇🥇🥇

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Danger game!
    Yes, we often seem to play close matches against Essendon. And it's hard to get a read on their true level. Is it closer to the side who thrashed St Kilda, or the side who was thrashed by Port? Or the one who built a commanding half time lead against Hawthorn, or the one who frittered away that lead in the second half?

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Danger game!
    Agreed. We have to take it to The Injectors like we took it to the Tigers.

Senior Player
    You'd think the Bombers defenders are going to have their hands full. I think Buddy might be given a bit a bit too much latitude (ie only one
    guy on him) as now Essendon are going to be worried about everyone in our forward line. He may kick a bunch.

One bonus from the big wins of Essendon, Carlton, Melbourne and Footscray is that the Melbourne Media will be consumed by their brilliance; leaving us alone.

Up to our coaches to fire up our team, while the above mentioned might be basking in the glory of the attention and not mentally preparing correctly. Essendon have a rookie coach who might not have the experience to turn it around.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast