Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-match Discussion: Round 4 V Bombers @SCG

An article on AFL.com says that Rowbottom is set to return on Thursday night. Longmire was enthused by the prospect.

There will have to be another player to drop out to accommodate Rowbottom.

We assume it’s either Reid or McLean for Franklin.

Who will be the medium or small player to make way for Rowbottom?

Do you think any of the the 1st year players need to be managed?

Veterans List
    Almost think it's time to give Will H a run too - God knows who gets dropped but they've been two games played in extreme heat in 8 days followed by a 5 day break; feels like a few changes (beyond those already flagged) might be necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Almost think it's time to give Will H a run too - God knows who gets dropped but they've been two games played in extreme heat in 8 days followed by a 5 day break; feels like a few changes (beyond those already flagged) might be necessary.
    I don't think they will mess with the forward line much and no one there seems too tired. Given they roamed around un-manned against Richmond that is not surprising. Perhaps Campbell could do with a rest, however Hayward is not a particularly reliable or creative kick.

For Buddy to come in ... a tall has to be rested. So the choice would be McLean or Logan. For a 18 year old to play at high intensity that too at 30 degree heat at MCG, it may be good to give him a bit of rest. Sam is a forward Ruck for us and did admirably in the ruck last week so maybe he plays this round.
    I reckon Campbell and Gulden won’t be rested. Or if Campbell is rested, we could switch Mcinerney to the half back, he has speed and the kicking ability and should be ok to play smalls.

I must say that I wasn’t expecting to say this but Hickey seems to be our most important player. He is scrapping and fighting in the middle and giving our mids a chance and making them look a lot better. And he seems to have a good kick, cool head and has tactical nous In Getting forward of the ball that cal sinclair lacks.

No way Hayward comes in. Just doesn't work hard enough to fit into the current environment. If Campbell needs a rest, then Rowbottom just comes straight in. If any of the other young guys need a break, Stephens or Ling would be next cabs off the rank, even Bell. But as long as no one is injured, none of the young guys will need a rest - they're all pumped and have so much momentum.

I’d be surprised if the kids need a break. It’s round 4 and they all had a full preseason. Errol is moving like McLeod, so easy, and McDonald is cool as a cucumber. They should have energy to burn for at least the first 6 weeks.

Buddy in for McLean and Rowbottom for McInerney are the only changes I’d make. They’re also the most logical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    I’d be surprised if the kids need a break. It’s round 4 and they all had a full preseason. Errol is moving like McLeod, so easy, and McDonald is cool as a cucumber. They should have energy to burn for at least the first 6 weeks.

Buddy in for McLean and Rowbottom for McInerney are the only changes I’d make. They’re also the most logical.

Most likely and agreed from my perspective!

Senior Player
    mmm.... so Rowbottom is set to return? I know Longmire might be keen, but has this been cleared with TheBloods?
    Seriously though, dropping McLean? seems a bit harsh. He's been good. Winning every game and having lots of guys in form and
    few injuries is a good problem to have. Tho' I guess if we are going to rest Buddy, then it's okay for McDonald or McLean to be rested.

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    mmm.... so Rowbottom is set to return? I know Longmire might be keen, but has this been cleared with TheBloods?
    Seriously though, dropping McLean? seems a bit harsh. He's been good. Winning every game and having lots of guys in form and
    few injuries is a good problem to have. Tho' I guess if we are going to rest Buddy, then it's okay for McDonald or McLean to be rested.
    I would keep McLean and drop Reid.

McLean is always running, keeping a defender on him and away from the forward line.

If you rematch the match, Reid had several moments of hesitation, which could have cost us.

I say no changes apart from that one; give Rowbottom another week, knee injuries need to totally healed before you play a game.
    doof-doof

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post

Unless there are demonstrable signs of tiredness/loss of edge (I haven't seen any), I doubt they'll 'rest' the younger players. John seems keen for them to embrace the reality of playing AFL, and there's a long break before the following round.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    I would keep McLean and drop Reid.

McLean is always running, keeping a defender on him and away from the forward line.

If you rematch the match, Reid had several moments of hesitation, which could have cost us.

I say no changes apart from that one; give Rowbottom another week, knee injuries need to totally healed before you play a game.
    Yes, Sam Reid. He's like that old couch on the back verandah. Was pretty decent when you first bought it, but broken springs would
    appear from time to time and be annoying. Thought about trading it in on a new model many times, but it always seemed like too
    much trouble and the circular depression on the arms would always hold a drink without spilling. It's hard to know what to do.

This board is like xmas at the kindergarten. Everyone wants to play with all the new toys at the same time! No player deserves to be dropped/rested after Saturday. If we're going to drop anyone Lloyd would be my first choice. Every time he went to kick in I was disappointed it wasn't Dawson or Campbell. He seems to have missed the memo about playing quicker this season.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast