Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Pre-match Discussion: Round 4 V Bombers @SCG

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    It was his run off HB, exciting to watch. If others had done what he was doing people would be giving him the Skilton already
    He had 1 rebound 50 for the game.
    I like J Mac. I'm not fully convinced on his defensive capabilities. He'll be a great line breaking ball user for us. But at the moment, he's 23rd in the queue.

Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    He had 1 rebound 50 for the game.
    It may have only been 1 R50, but it was elite, to be sure.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    20 touches at 60%, 0 tackles, 2 one percenters, is hardly elite. He was good, but settle down
    The Bloods loves Mcinerney and Stephens which is fine but the thing is when R B has 20 touches at 80% 5 tackles 3 marks and 2 goals The Bloods says he is over rated. I don't know why ANYBODY responds to his posts they are ALL insanely biased.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by southsideswan View Post
    I remember the elimination final in 2017. 2nd quarter .. we kicked 10 goals. It was breathtaking!!!
    I was in the front row of the first deck between the goal and point post at our second quarter end, the blitz unfolded just below me in front of a packed bay of Bomber supporters - bliss!

This is a danger game

Senior Player
    We will account for them comfortably. They are an ordinary team with the worst midfield in the league who managed to have a day out against another ordinary team

Suspended by the MRP
    GReat the big fella is back

Regular in the Side
    Just one change:
    Hayden McLean makes way for Lance Franklin.

Harry Cunningham Dane Rampe Braeden Campbell
    Jordan Dawson Tom McCartin Jake Lloyd
    Ollie Florent Luke Parke Nick Blakey
    Isaac Heeney Logan McDonald Sam Wicks
    Tom Papley Lance Franklin Sam Reid
    Tom Hickey Callum Mill Josh Kennedy
    I/C: George Hewett Chad Warner Justin McInerney Errol Gulden

Emergencies
    James Bell Will Hayward Lewis Melican Callum Sinclair
    Last edited by Aaron; 7th April 2021 at 08:06 PM.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Syd: IN: Franklin, OUT: McLean, Bell.
    Ess: IN: Heppell. OUT: Redman, Cutler.

Since the 2017 game when we beat them by a point, both sides have turned over a lot of players.

Players who will play both games:
    Sydney: Isaac Heeney, Tom Papley, Josh P. Kennedy, Oliver Florent, Callum Mills, Sam Reid, Lance Franklin, Dane Rampe, Luke Parker, George Hewett, Jake Lloyd (11).
    Essendon: Andrew McGrath, Kyle Langford, Zach Merrett, Dyson Heppell, Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti (5).
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly Boy View Post
    I agree. I watched the game again and had the same response. He presented well, and got a long way up the ground. Didn't necessarily clunk marks, but brought the ball to ground, where the smalls were all over it. I think that he is a better retain than McLean at this stage, although McLean doesn't really deserve to be dropped.

On McInerney—I worry that again we are falling into the trap of relying too much on disposal stats to measure the value of his game. In the past Rohan, Cunningham, Jetta, and even, for a period, Lloyd, were punished on this forum because they were playing low-possession outside games, where much of the work they do goes unregistered. Running up and down the fatside wing can be pretty thankless, but simply taking up the space and denying an easy exit, for example, is part of team play.

FLorent's game was terrific on the weekend. A couple of outstanding flat, bullet-like passes, and lots of great link play. He must be loving the new style.

And props to Harry Cunningham. The new Nick Smith, with extra added speed.
    My comments on McInerney made no reference to possession numbers, and I didn't see any comments which did.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    It was his run off HB, exciting to watch. If others had done what he was doing people would be giving him the Skilton already

So the stats almost universally used to measure overall performance in that position say he had a good game but nothing near 'elite', but being 'exciting to watch' is all it takes to be elite.

I swear if your not a salesman in real life, you should be. Your ability to turn and twist every which way is quite astounding....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    We got to be doing something right if that is the most pressing negative they can come up with!

Quote Originally Posted by SwanSand View Post
    I was watching the OTC vision on our defensive structure of pushing hard and leaving your man and going forward and manning up. I don’t know if this was specifically designed for Richmond or its ever present in all games.
    But this will be exploited by opposition at some stage as this will result in some mismatch in the defensive half and maybe teams will start switching play through the corridor with a hard running HB.
    Will be interesting to see if we have subtle change in plan for Essendon.
    Will be interesting to see. I don't think the Bombers are probably anywhere near good enough to exploit the potential vulnerability, but other teams will be. But I liked the tactical flexibility we showed elsewhere against Richmond on Saturday (in particular shifting to short accurate kicks) so I'm hopeful we are developing a nice ability to 'change on the way' through.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

No surprises with just the one change.

Ridiculous calls by some to rest the kids and/or drop Blakey.