Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: Live: R4 V Bombers @SCG Thursday 8/4/2021

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Trouble the wrong word. But maybe we arent as good as we thought from the first rounds. A real contender would not have had such a hard time getting over the line over Bombers. Still reckon we can beat anyone at our best but maybe they need to realise that themselves. Experience i guess
    A fair point, eventually made.....so maybe just choose your words better in the first place.....but can't help thinking you actually do for maximum reaction. I guess we'll just have to 'watch this space'.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 12th April 2021 at 07:27 PM.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    A fair point, eventually made.....so naybe just choose your words better in the first place.....but can't help thinking you actually do for maximum reaction. I guess we'll just have to 'watch this space'.
    You can think what you like , wouldnt have corrected myself if i wanted to get a rise out of you. Its not that serious

Veterans List
    You can think what you like , wouldnt have corrected myself if i wanted to get a rise out of you. Its not that serious
    Always do....but also always willing to learn and grow.

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    We are a young side and we’ll be hot and cold. And compared to seasons long gone by, I personally don’t take a lot away from the first month of the season. In the 80s and 90s teams will have played 4 or more practice matches before the season started. I personally feel many clubs are still finding their feet over the first month. Teams that went deep into September the season before have had an even shorter break (eg Brisbane and Richmond) so wins against them might have to be taken with a grain of salt anyway. We played well. They were off. And you can only beat what the opposition throw against you on the day. I’m just going to enjoy the ride this year. If they deliver above expectations,
    I’ve got value for my ticket. But, win, lose or draw, I’m excited to see our squad out there playing with the spirit of the bloods of old (but with the benefit of a relatively fit squad at the moment - a luxury we haven’t enjoyed over the past couple of years).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    We are not contenders this year, but we are showing enormous promise for the next few. Just enjoy watching them develop.
    Thank You!

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Always do....but also always willing to learn and grow.
    I dont mince my words and am fast realising it does me no favours so maybe i can learn and grow too .

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Pleased to see Sam Reid rated highly by both coaches. He played a super game.
    Hear hear - I thought he was the best big man on the ground but didn't see his name mentioned once in the press reports.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Pleased to see Sam Reid rated highly by both coaches. He played a super game.
    While several players stood up when it counted in the last, he was the difference imho between us winning and losing that game. Thought he was super and glad the coaches recognised that!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    I'm surprised that so many other people have not mentioned the goal kicking; it was the single most significant factor in our close finish.
    It was bad, but the win smooths over a lot. Perhaps they should get Tony down from Bowral (or wherever) for regular tutorials?
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    It was bad, but the win smooths over a lot. Perhaps they should get Tony down from Bowral (or wherever) for regular tutorials?
    I'm not so sure. Plugger really looks like he could do with a good feed, and we all know there is no food available at the SCG.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    we all know there is no food available at the SCG.
    Not so . . . if you bring your own lunch
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Veterans List
    I dont mince my words and am fast realising it does me no favours so maybe i can learn and grow too .

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627