Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 5: Swans vs GWS

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Why are we (unbeaten) worrying so much about a forward line from a team that's won one game?
    Trust the system.
    I agree. What's the purpose of having depth if we are going into a panic at the first injury we get. Okay, Rampe is out for a few weeks. It's a big loss. Let's bring in our best replacement defender and move on. What are all those players on our list with the word "defender" next to there names there for but to come in and play our system when one of our first team players goes down with injury?

Why are we (unbeaten) worrying so much about a forward line from a team that's won one game?
    Trust the system.
    I wrote on another thread that the faster ball movement this year means less "system" and more one-on-one defending. I think it's perfectly reasonable to question how we are going to defend their forward line. Particularly with our best defender out.

Lets hope we score more than 100 points again and the ball is mostly up the other end. If GW$ start winning the (centre) clearances, the ball could be coming in pretty fast.
    Last edited by Markwebbos; 12th April 2021 at 09:48 PM.

Goes up to 11
    Trust the system.
    Correctomundo - they only beat Collingwood on the weekend. They should be much more concerned about stopping us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    It is bizaare isn't it? Even last year when we were so short on talls he still didn't get a chance. I'll be optimistic and say they only want him in when he's well and truly ready and when that time comes, watch out!
    He wouldn't be the first defender of his type to serve a long apprenticeship to be honest - plenty have.

I'm sure the kid is a massive talent and will do well when his chance comes - but some of the laughable commentary on some social media sites in particular around his 'non-selection' has been hilarious. You'd think he was already a triple brownlow medallist by the way some have been bleating on about him not getting a game haha.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    He wouldn't be the first defender of his type to serve a long apprenticeship to be honest - plenty have.

I'm sure the kid is a massive talent and will do well when his chance comes - but some of the laughable commentary on some social media sites in particular around his 'non-selection' has been hilarious. You'd think he was already a triple brownlow medallist by the way some have been bleating on about him not getting a game haha.
    Hope I'm wrong but could be one who did very well in junior footy because.of his size but can't graduate to AFL level. Slipped to around pick 20 IIRC. Not everyone makes it.

Get Gould in. 2nd year player with lots of potential. You know what your going to get from Melican.

If you get Gould in the upside benefits could be significant. If it doesn’t work out, Melican can come in.

My changes

Outs

Heeney
    Rampe
    McDonald

Boundary Line Crash and Bash

Ins

Hayward
    Rowbottom
    Gould

Corridor Football, daring kicking, quick movement, play on and 110 plus points.

Ads some flexibility. Hayward plays as defensive forward on Haynes. Hayward can also play halfback. Rowbottom playing can allow Mills to play in the back 6 if required.

I think if the Swans play their beautiful football from weeks 1-3 then their defenders are protected as the offence is scoring quick points.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Trust the system.
    Good post.

Let's look at the form of GWS:
    Round 1: Lost to St Kilda by 8 points. Saints got flogged by Essendon, who we beat.
    Round 2: Lost to Fremantle by 31 points. Fremantle are 2 wins and and 2 losses.
    Round 3: Lost to Melbourne by 34 points. Melbourne are unbeaten so far.
    Round 4: Beat Collingwood by 5 goals. A lot of questions being asked about Collingwood's chances this year.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Veterans List
    Will Hayward coming in will once again give him the opportunity to show he is not in our best 22.

Hayward in to Tag Haynes, Horse was over the moon with him last year when he beat him well

Melican for Ramps

Rowy if fit for J Mac

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Hayward in to Tag Haynes, Horse was over the moon with him last year when he beat him well

Melican for Ramps

Rowy if fit for J Mac
    Good joke

OUT: Heeney, Rampe, Campbell
    IN: Hayward, Melican, Gould

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    Good post.

Let's look at the form of GWS:
    Round 1: Lost to St Kilda by 8 points. Saints got flogged by Essendon, who we beat.
    Round 2: Lost to Fremantle by 31 points. Fremantle are 2 wins and and 2 losses.
    Round 3: Lost to Melbourne by 34 points. Melbourne are unbeaten so far.
    Round 4: Beat Collingwood by 5 goals. A lot of questions being asked about Collingwood's chances this year.
    I don't think this stuff matters that much. If we're up 5% and they are down 5%, we'll win comfortably. And vice versa.

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast