Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 5: Swans vs GWS

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    The 9 day break might be enough for only one forced change - Heeney out for ...
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Stephens - pace, endurance, foot skills

Suspended by the MRP
    Yes get Stephens in already

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Will Hayward, come on down.
    I'd also like to see Stephens get a game, but Heeney and Hayward are far more like for like.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    Out: Bell, truly useless, why he was there is beyond me
    It was an absolute nightmare of a game wasn't it. The sort of game that makes one question his place in the list.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Will Hayward, come on down.
    I'd also like to see Stephens get a game, but Heeney and Hayward are far more like for like.

It was an absolute nightmare of a game wasn't it. The sort of game that makes one question his place in the list.
    Watched the replay. Bell was serviceable and praised by Hickey in a post match interview.
    Came on in unusual circumstances on a slippery night. Criticism way over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Watched the replay. Bell was serviceable and praised by Hickey in a post match interview.
    Came on in unusual circumstances on a slippery night. Criticism way over the top.
    Yes, and I find it a bit strange, that people are now claiming that he's slow. He's not slow, he's one of our more athletic players, who just couldn't catch the fastest player on the ground, Nick Hind.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    I haven't watched the replay, but didn't think my comment was that OTT, or "TB" for that matter
    I shall rewatch
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny40519 View Post
    VFL competition starts next week.

Out : Heeney, Bell, Blakey

In: Rowbotham, Stephens, Hayward
    Agree.....except I'd have McLean back in, not Hayward. Regarding Bell, I do like him but after last night, he would have to absolutely light up the reserves to ever be picked in the one's again. Call that over the top if you like.....but it's pretty obvious he's just not up to required AFL standard.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 9th April 2021 at 07:01 PM.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, and I find it a bit strange, that people are now claiming that he's slow. He's not slow, he's one of our more athletic players, who just couldn't catch the fastest player on the ground, Nick Hind.
    Happy to read these comments.

Bell was OK. Not fantastic, not woeful. He was involved in a few nice passages of play, and had a couple of moments he'd like back. Every player can say that last bit.

I don't think he's in our best 22 (at least at the moment) but I do think he's a valuable squad member who can come in and contribute when the injuries start to mount up.

He's also still got just a handful of games under his belt, so there's plenty of scope for improvement, if he gets the opportunities. Those writing him off as "not up to required AFL standard" are way off base.

If fit, Rowbottom in for Heeney, with Blakey playing forward.
    Otherwise Hayward and Stephens in for Heeney and Blakey.
    Also be tempted to give Ling / COR / Melican run for Campbell, depending on where he is up to.
    I think Logan needs to get as many games in with Buddy as he can and he still looks fresh.
    Gulden looks like he could easily go all season with no break - he was born AFL ready!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    If fit, Rowbottom in for Heeney, with Blakey playing forward.
    Otherwise Hayward and Stephens in for Heeney and Blakey.
    Also be tempted to give Ling / COR / Melican run for Campbell, depending on where he is up to.
    I think Logan needs to get as many games in with Buddy as he can and he still looks fresh.
    Gulden looks like he could easily go all season with no break - he was born AFL ready!
    I know it is past us and we dont want any dickheads like him in our team but Elijah Taylor would have been good in this team. Could have easily surpassed Hayward by now and would have been a handy replacement for Heeney.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny40519 View Post
    VFL competition starts next week.

Out : Heeney, Bell, Blakey

In: Rowbotham, Stephens, Hayward
    I agree with that I'd have Stephenss as the sub the only concern I have is that Stephens wasn't even an emergency last match I wonder if there's something there with him maybe with Fitness that the club has not told the public about

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast