Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 5: Swans vs GWS

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    Anyone else see the video of Heeney breaking his hand throwing a punch. My son showed it to me.
    Link?

Yes I did not see it but there is news about it on Herald sun.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    Anyone else see the video of Heeney breaking his hand throwing a punch. My son showed it to me.
    This from Twitter: https://twitter.com/charliedons/stat...527528963?s=21
    Last edited by liz; 10th April 2021 at 06:48 PM. Reason: fixed quotation formatting

Just as well he's out for a few weeks anyway.

Goes up to 11
    Probably deserves a few weeks but sheesh the Bombers fans are a bunch of moaners....

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Inconclusive.

In. Someone to stop Toby Green.

Agreed about Toby Greene. He is single handedly keeping that Giants team competitive at present. We really need to keep him in check next week.

Looking at the Seconds practice game articles on the Swans website, there are plenty putting their hands up for a senior game which is great. Last year we were scouring the Seconds for who was left after all of our injuries. The senior side is winning so there will be few changes. Hayward in for Heeney makes sense. Elsewhere, does anybody really need a break? If so, then Stephens, McLean etc come into play. I'm not giving up on George Hewitt though despite some calling for his axing. He may well get Toby next week.

Anyone think this is the perfect time for Will to return?? Found it quite surprising that he is the same height as Heeney. Isaac plays well above his height. But it gives Will a chance to play that mid sized role. Mark on the lead but win it at ground level. Dangerous and crafty. Wasnt convincing in the pre-season and I think he was overtaken by a few, like Gulden and Wicks.. this is chance. 4 games in the VFL team now for him is it?? We might see him back to his best! Served his corporal punishment! Lets see how he responds!! Take your future into your own hands Will!!

Wonder what we do with James Bell .. do we show faith and back him in for another week? I agree with opinion it is harsh to judge him from a half of footy. But footy is also about taking your chances! Did he do that?? Unsure!

A Rowbottom up date .. saw him in Melbourne today. Knee strapped and walking gingerly. I was surprised as it sounds he has been close to playing the past two weeks but if he couldnt walk in a cafe at 100% i am guessing that doesn't bode well for his chances of playing a game ?? Unsure. Just my observation. Good luck to him.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Wow - that does look very bad.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonBible View Post
    Anyone think this is the perfect time for Will to return?? Found it quite surprising that he is the same height as Heeney. Isaac plays well above his height. But it gives Will a chance to play that mid sized role. Mark on the lead but win it at ground level. Dangerous and crafty. Wasnt convincing in the pre-season and I think he was overtaken by a few, like Gulden and Wicks.. this is chance. 4 games in the VFL team now for him is it?? We might see him back to his best! Served his corporal punishment! Lets see how he responds!! Take your future into your own hands Will!!

Wonder what we do with James Bell .. do we show faith and back him in for another week? I agree with opinion it is harsh to judge him from a half of footy. But footy is also about taking your chances! Did he do that?? Unsure!

A Rowbottom up date .. saw him in Melbourne today. Knee strapped and walking gingerly. I was surprised as it sounds he has been close to playing the past two weeks but if he couldnt walk in a cafe at 100% i am guessing that doesn't bode well for his chances of playing a game ?? Unsure. Just my observation. Good luck to him.
    I think recovery from a bone bruise is at best 4 weeks and can take months, depending on severity.

Looks like the Giants have their mojo back. It’s going to be a hard game to win. It will have to be another scrappy game. Losing Heeney is not great. There is enough chance that if we can get the ball in forward 50 we can win given their immature defensive line but getting there may not be easy. They were really good in the middle of the ground against Collingwood.

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast