Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: There will be a Sydney Swans AFLW team in the 2022-23 season

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Me too! I like how they've set it up so it can be just added into your existing membership. Makes life easy and will see a lot of people I suspect that may be 50/50 about joining up just do it
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    I will be joining too 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I will be joining too
    Done

Does it cost money? Can’t seem to find that info anywhere.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Only $50 - but as it says when you follow the link provided by aardvaak - "This membership does not include entry to games."
    \
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

I was eager to join until I realised it was just forking over $50 to say you are a foundation member and basically nothing else except a certificate to that effect. It's gotta include games and/or access to the players/staff to interest me.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I was eager to join until I realised it was just forking over $50 to say you are a foundation member and basically nothing else except a certificate to that effect. It's gotta include games and/or access to the players/staff to interest me.
    Personally I didn’t think of it as ‘forking over’, I was delighted to support my club’s inaugural women’s team. And a bit chuffed to be a foundation member.

Ticket price this year was $10. How many tickets did you expect to get for $50?

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Personally I didn’t think of it as ‘forking over’, I was delighted to support my club’s inaugural women’s team. And a bit chuffed to be a foundation member.

Ticket price this year was $10. How many tickets did you expect to get for $50?
    They should have made it free for existing members. I mean, what do you actually get for the $50? A warm and fuzzy feeling?

I’m happy to support the club. I’ve spent hundreds over the last two years on memberships that have barely been used. I’ll happily pay to attend the AFLW games, but I’m not sure why I throw another $50 at the club for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by monopoly19 View Post
    They should have made it free for existing members. I mean, what do you actually get for the $50? A warm and fuzzy feeling?
    Perhaps it might have been merely a ‘warm and fuzzy feeling’ for you, had you purchased a foundation membership. For me it is a feeling of pride.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by monopoly19 View Post

I’m happy to support the club. I’ve spent hundreds over the last two years on memberships that have barely been used. I’ll happily pay to attend the AFLW games, but I’m not sure why I throw another $50 at the club for nothing.
    There wouldn't be much point in it for the club if it were free. I get that lots of people have chosen to keep paying their memberships for the last two seasons with very little tangible benefit. No doubt the club is very grateful for that and understands they're relying on a lot of goodwill. But they still have a big hole in their finances, and now have to find the money to set up the AFLW infrastructure. So this is really a means to try and persuade existing members - even if just a few - to make a further financial contribution for which they will also get little tangible benefit. But it is entirely optional.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Me too!

AFLW Foundation Membership now available

If you're wondering where the money is being used check out the video on this page.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast