Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Changes Round 6 V Gold Coast Suns

Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    And then get murdered on the rebound as you don’t have a single defensive forward in your dream team.
    It amazes me how undervalued Wicks is

Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    It amazes me how undervalued Wicks is
    I was at the game and saw Wicks run off straight after the first contest. His middle finger was at right angles so I presume a bad dislocation. He came back on with it strapped but played low minutes so I presume was injured. He is the best player in the squad for the small pressure forward and I think the swans felt his lack of involvement in the gws game. Hopefully he is ok for the GC game to hold the ball forward.

I noticed that TOG % for Campbell and McDonald were low 60's and for Wicks low 70's

Gulden an impressive 91%

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    If you could ever get them playing together, the following forward line would be incredible:

HF Heeney Reid Hayward
    F Papley Franklin McDonald

Marking prowess, dynamic mercurial players. They would destroy if you could move the ball quickly through the corridor.
    We need Wicks in the forward mix for defensive pressure when the opposition gets possession.....so add him in and take Reid out to float around the ground to 'do his thing' when and where it's needed (which will include the forward line at times of course). He is 'the swingman' after all.

I keep thinking this is a danger game with our 'outs', but then I realise we are playing the gold coast which are as much as rabble as they have ever been.
    We are lucky we are meeting them this week, and not someone else.

I hope naismith is ready for the week after. Its an obvious conclusion that we are a much much better side when we have a decent ruckman.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I keep thinking this is a danger game with our 'outs', but then I realise we are playing the gold coast which are as much as rabble as they have ever been.
    We are lucky we are meeting them this week, and not someone else.

I hope naismith is ready for the week after. Its an obvious conclusion that we are a much much better side when we have a decent ruckman.
    Papley did not take part in practise... ? Injured
    Rowbottom big strapping on knee but looks good in the photo
    Wicks has strapping on his finger - Not sure if his finger is OK or not?
    Sam Naismith on the other hand looks like he is in thick of the action now. So hopefully some VFL game time soon and then AFL - we may see him in a few weeks. Not sure how many weeks they would want him to play VFL before he comes into the AFL side. Surely the VFL is a better test than the NEAFL.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonBible View Post
    Hoping to see Colin O'Riordan this week!! Luck of the Irish!!!
    Hear, hear! I have been waiting for him to land in the seniors again. He is a very good kick, moves quickly and happily takes on bigger people.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Photos show McLean and Sincs in the red singlets. Likely selections?
    Blakey and Campbell in green singlets. Likely demotions? COR in green too.
    Recognise this is a very inexact science..........

Regular in the Side
    Rowbottom in green also!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Photos show McLean and Sincs in the red singlets. Likely selections?
    Blakey and Campbell in green singlets. Likely demotions? COR in green too.
    Recognise this is a very inexact science..........
    Actually, the match sim today usually is the starting team, but I think it is the starting 18. Blakey and Campbell have been starting on the bench, so nothing in that. The other three I would say are ins.

- - - Updated - - -

If Wicks was in the red then he is ok.

Article on AFL.com saying Papley didn't participate in today's training and may be another potential injury/out for this week.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanSand View Post
    Papley did not take part in practise... ? Injured
    Rowbottom big strapping on knee but looks good in the photo
    Wicks has strapping on his finger - Not sure if his finger is OK or not?
    Sam Naismith on the other hand looks like he is in thick of the action now. So hopefully some VFL game time soon and then AFL - we may see him in a few weeks. Not sure how many weeks they would want him to play VFL before he comes into the AFL side. Surely the VFL is a better test than the NEAFL.
    I think I saw Fox too.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!