Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Changes Round 6 V Gold Coast Suns

And, looking a class above in the reserves, should also apply to Stephens. I thought Brand's defensive work was good last week, but his disposal was a little clunky.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    And, looking a class above in the reserves, should also apply to Stephens. I thought Brand's defensive work was good last week, but his disposal was a little clunky.
    At 198cm with long reach and good spoiling technique Brand is there to foil King at FF. Plenty of good users to do the kicking.

This is now an official danger game!

Regular in the Side
    Swans
    B [7] Harry Cunningham, [43] Lewis Melican, [44] Jake Lloyd
    HB [34] Jordan Dawson, [2] Kaiden Brand, [29] George Hewett

C [13] Oliver Florent, [14] Callum Mills, [22] Nick Blakey

HF [1] Chad Warner, [5] Isaac Heeney, [9] Will Hayward
    F [11] Tom Papley, [20] Sam Reid, [21] Errol Gulden

FOL[18] Callum Sinclair, [26] Luke Parker, [8] James Rowbottom

INT [41] Hayden McLean, [12] Josh P. Kennedy, [27] Justin McInerney, [45] Sam Wicks
    EMG [16] Braeden Campbell, [6] Logan McDonald, [32] James Bell, [4] Ryan Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Which bit do you reckon is the wowiest? I'm going with the Heeney selection.
    Yeah particularly given they said in the injury report this week he was 1-2 away.. what changed?
    Also, I struggle to see why Stephens conditioning would be an issue. Missing a game doesn't have that kind of impact. Would have kept him in.

Regular in the Side
    Bull Dog makes 5 change and we have 6 (including Stephens )! Guess Mills may have to play HB for some period of time if required. With Campbell not listed in the reserve team, he will be the medical sub most likely.

Guess we can still win this if everyone play the role.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    In Heeney Brand, McLean, Rowbottom, Sinclair
    Out: Campbell, Stephens, Franklin McDonald, Hickey, McCartin
    Outs:
    Campbell - Is he being rested or getting a run in the 2s?
    Stephens - Needs more game time. 17 minutes is not enough.
    Franklin - Forced due to injury. 3-4 weeks?
    McDonald - Is he being rested or getting a run in the 2s?
    Hickey - Forced due to injury. 3-6 weeks?
    McCartin - Forced due to injury. An interesting omission that demonstrates how far sports science has advanced in the last 20 years. In the past, the tightness would not have been recognised as a warning sign. Now it is, and he'll go to the physio for treatment.

Ins:
    Heeney - A broken hand takes a few weeks to heal, and about two months to heal properly. Being back after only one week out is a bit risky IMO.
    Brand - In for McCartin.
    McLean - In for Franklin.
    Rowbottom - In for Campbell?
    Sinclair - In for Hickey.

Six out, five in. We've got four talls out but only three talls coming in. Are we tweaking team balance here? Or are we taking advantage of the Suns' lack of talls to rest McDonald this week? Will we have a tall player as a medical sub?
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    At 198cm with long reach and good spoiling technique Brand is there to foil King at FF. Plenty of good users to do the kicking.

This is now an official danger game!
    Yep, six changes is not good for continuity: so it might have to be a grinding win, rather than overwhelming them with slick ball movement. Then again, if Sinkers gets on top in the ruck, then maybe we can get plenty of fast inside 50s, from Warner, Rowbottom, Parker, Mills, etc. And perhaps give Papley the occasional run in the middle, just to boost that.

Wow did not see that coming ! Danger Written all over this one ! With ex swans coach in suns camp.

But if we win the middle we win the game. Too much fire power up forward with good marking ability.
    But equally if they get the upper hand in the middle they will burn us. Hopefully Hayward clamps down lukosius.

McInerney goes to halfback and I think that would probably be enough to get the run from back half. He is tall, will be accountable and fast so will rebound well.

Rowbottom on the wing.

But who is the medical sub? Is Heeney our medical sub? Coz it cannot be McLean Sinclair or Brand. I don’t mind that. Heeney cannot play the entire game but if Papley is gingerly and is the most likely to be subbed out - in comes Heeney. But geez - Heeney, Papley, Wicks - three injured players in front half is going to be a problem.

Return of Rowbottom will allow Parker to play in front half and he may get a few goals hopefully. Similarly Dawson and McInerney will have to drift forward

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Med sub has to come from the four emergencies. And the VFL lineup shows that Campbell will be it

Some random thoughts:

• Interesting Swans line up this game. But if we're serious about being top 8 this year it has to be a win.
    • You'd imagine with our lack of KPDs Mills, Reid and even Heeney or Hayward will need to spend extensive periods in defence.
    • Blakey has to have a big game in the next few weeks, otherwise he needs an extended stint in the ressies - Hayward style. He hasn't shown any consistency since starting his career.
    • Was Heeney's hand ever confirmed as broken? No way you recover from a broken hand in 16 days.

Last edited by longmile; 23rd April 2021 at 10:02 PM.

Senior Player
    Four points. Don't care about anything else this week. Just eking out a win.

Wonderful selections by the match committee. Outstanding work.

I’m assuming McCartin will be back next week. Good to give him a rest as well as only 21.

McDonald and Campbell needed rest. Now they will be fresh for tough games against Geelong and Melbourne. Well done match committee.

I don’t know what’s going on with Stephens? He must be lacking versatility and one on one defensive skills. You would have thought if Campbell went out then Stephens could easily slot into the half back flank.

I would like to see Heeney spend some time as spare man in defence. Brilliant at that job as he reads the ball amazingly through the air and distributes well.

Could Dawson just take every kick in? He has a Bryson DeChambeau weapon of a left foot while Lloyd is laying up. Why don’t we have someone with DeChambeau capability taking every kick in. It stretches the field for the defence.