Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes Round 6 V Gold Coast Suns

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    I thought it was notable that when Sinclair was suggested in the presser as a replacement for Hickey that John mentioned McLean and Amartey. I wonder whether they'll go with a Reid/Amartey combo. I think McLean should come in for McDonald. Buddy definitely plays again.
    Thought the same thing when I watched press conference. Amartey gives us more mobility a la Hickey. Suns have ruck problems so this week could easily be Amartey/Reid.

I was really impressed with Reid playing ruck in the last quarter. He continued with Hickey's work - tidy in the ruck contest and got around the ground really well, with nice disposal. Given GC are having ruck issues, I think it would be worth trying Reid as our ruckman with support from McLean.

Having said that, Sinca's has always done his best for us and is experienced. So I would understand if he is picked as a straight swap for Hickey.

Senior Player
    Re resting some of the first year players ; It was interesting that a quartet of GWS youngsters (Ash, O'Halloran, Cumming & Green) all
    contributed heavily yesterday. O'Halloran & Green in particular look like men. I think that extra year in the system will make a big difference
    to Gulden, Campbell, McDonald when it comes for them. And yeah, best not to give Josh Kelly too much leeway.

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Lloyd or Cunningham going out is ludicrous
    Yes, and particularly Cunningham. He is a vital part of our defensive setup, has been playing well this year and is in many ways harder to replace than Lloyd. But it is silly to talk about omitting either.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

And how long will Reid last playing in the ruck?

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Lloyd or Cunningham going out is ludicrous
    Yes it’s borderline trolling. Has been on about it all year for some strange reason.

Pushing for Selection
    Reid is not a ruckman. Never has been.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    We are fortunate that the opposition have ruck issues greater than ours. The Suns have almost no recognised ruck at the moment. The following week we have Geelong and their ruck is somewhat stretched as well.

Nine things we learned: 6. The Cats' ruck issue won't go away. They did poorly in the ruck against the Kangaroos. If we went to the Geelong game with our second ruck we should do okay.

So if Hickey got two weeks off we wouldn't be inconvenienced as much. If possible, get Hickey right for the Melbourne game in three weeks.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    We are fortunate that the opposition have ruck issues greater than ours. The Suns have almost no recognised ruck at the moment. The following week we have Geelong and their ruck is somewhat stretched as well.

Nine things we learned: 6. The Cats' ruck issue won't go away. They did poorly in the ruck against the Kangaroos. If we went to the Geelong game with our second ruck we should do okay.

So if Hickey got two weeks off we wouldn't be inconvenienced as much. If possible, get Hickey right for the Melbourne game in three weeks.
    Rhys Stanley would have to be the worst ruck in the competition - and it's killing Geelong. Should have got themselves a Hickey before they bothered with a Smith or a Higgins.

Sinclair will be our ruck.

The difference between rounds 1-3 Logan where he marked and kicked everything (avge kicks = 8; marks = 5; total goals = 7) to round 4&5 Logan where he's barely been noticeable (avge kicks = 2; marks/goals =0) has been dramatic to say the least. It's like he woke up one morning and went "Holy crap, I'm playing AFL!" Time for a rest.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    The difference between rounds 1-3 Logan where he marked and kicked everything (avge kicks = 8; marks = 5; total goals = 7) to round 4&5 Logan where he's barely been noticeable (avge kicks = 2; marks/goals =0) has been dramatic to say the least. It's like he woke up one morning and went "Holy crap, I'm playing AFL!" Time for a rest.
    His body language was interesting on Saturday. Often seemed frustrated with himself after contests, punching into his palm and muttering to himself. He strikes me as a serious young bloke who is trying hard to make an impression. Maybe trying a bit too hard and forgetting to enjoy the game. A rest might do him good.

Outs

- Hickey
    - McDonald
    - Wicks

Ins

Sinclair
    Rowbottom
    Stephen’s

Sinclair and Reid can handle the ruck. Move Blakey up forward as 3rd tall. This allows a wing spot for Stephens. Play Parker and Florent up forward more and cover Wicks. Rowbottom to come into the midfield.

I think that once you get Heeney back then Hayward perminently takes the place of Wicks. Hayward made a lot of opportunities for himself in a tight defensive game and can complete in the air in heavy traffic. Seems to me that Wicks is really good when the Swans can get their free flowing game going. In tight heavily contested games like last night Hayward has far more dynamic ability to conjure up something than Wicks.

On Stephens, I say give him a decent opportunity. He looked a jet last night when he was running around the SCG by himself 15 minutes after everyone had left. I would like to see how that translates when there are 35 other players on the field.

Why was he running around by himself 15 minutes after most fans had left.

We are still getting games into kids, so I would avoid getting sinkers back. He's yesterday's man..so McLean or Armartey for me.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast