Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes Round 6 V Gold Coast Suns

I say rest the kids and rest the old guys too. The only ones we play should the 26 year olds.

It's a tiring game. I'm so exhausted I don't have the energy to watch the replay.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    All games are danger games with who we've got out injured
    Yes, this weekend's game would be edging even money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Most, if not all of us thought that Hickey was a bit of a dud buy, possibly not even better than Sinclair. He certainly proved us wrong and hopefully, Cal will show us all some good form. He has had periods where he has been really competitive, often carrying the ruck division on his own. This time, he will have McLean and Reid to support him. Might even kick a few goals resting forward for us. I'm happy we at least have some depth in the position this year and are not dependent on Aliir (who incidentally is being discussed as an AA contendender)!
    Oi! Re Hickey: certainly not 'all.

Senior Player
    Bringing Sinclair in feels so regressive, but it's hard to see how it can realistically be avoided.

In order to avoid it, you'd need to leave McDonald in, bring McLean in for Buddy, and Amartey for Hickey to play ruck with Reid.

That would leave us with an inexperienced forward line and two forwards playing ruck. I'm happy for them to try, but suspect they'll bring Sinclair in just to free Reid to play more forward.

IN: Rowbottom, McLean, Sinclair/Amartey
    OUT: McInerney, Buddy, Hickey

How come in the outs there is no appetite to drop Wicks? He looked great in the 1st three weeks when the ball was coming into the forward line quickly and he had more time and space.

He’s been quiet the last two games and without the dynamic talent of a Hayward or a Papley he struggles to create in a crowded forward line.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    He would want to be far better than he was on the weekend.

Reckon Sinkers will surprise a few. Needed a rest and hes had one now. Should be fitter and stronger without the wear and tear on his body of the last few years
    And here we go again. The bashing train is back in town..... I suppose for him it has to be a 50 possession game to be passable when he comes back in? Even then, I'm sure you've got a truckload of 'qualitative' measures that will show its never good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Bringing Sinclair in feels so regressive, but it's hard to see how it can realistically be avoided.

In order to avoid it, you'd need to leave McDonald in, bring McLean in for Buddy, and Amartey for Hickey to play ruck with Reid.

That would leave us with an inexperienced forward line and two forwards playing ruck. I'm happy for them to try, but suspect they'll bring Sinclair in just to free Reid to play more forward.

IN: Rowbottom, McLean, Sinclair/Amartey
    OUT: McInerney, Buddy, Hickey
    I could see us trying out a sinclairless approach against Gold Coast given they have zero ruckman, but I can't see how we will survive more than the 'exception' without something much closer to a genuine ruckman. Sinclair will always toil and work hard, his effort will never be in doubt. He also brings some senior leadership (in terms of experience) to the team in that regard too, which I don't think is a bad thing.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    And here we go again. The bashing train is back in town..... I suppose for him it has to be a 50 possession game to be passable when he comes back in? Even then, I'm sure you've got a truckload of 'qualitative' measures that will show its never good enough.
    Were you there on Saturday mate ?

Were you there on Saturday mate ?
    I saw the replay - funnily enough living 3 hours from the SCG meant I was actually driving up for the seniors game at the time and couldn't watch it live. My opinion doesn't matter however - Horse's words quite clearly showed they saw what they wanted to see, whether it meets your strasopheric requirements or not.

No doubt you'll be ripping into him on Saturday after the game irrespective of how he goes.... or will it be the same silent treatment like after Hayward gave your pre game prediction the middle finger?
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Suspended by the MRP
    I saw the replay - funnily enough living 3 hours from the SCG meant I was actually driving up for the seniors game at the time and couldn't watch it live. My opinion doesn't matter however - Horse's words quite clearly showed they saw what they wanted to see, whether it meets your strasopheric requirements or not.

No doubt you'll be ripping into him on Saturday after the game irrespective of how he goes.... or will it be the same silent treatment like after Hayward gave your pre game prediction the middle finger?
    Well i was there and i can tell you at least 15 other blokes gave him a lesson in work rate. Some of his efforts were plain lazy and his body language stunk. Played like he knew he was the coaches pet and it looks like he was right.

Veteran Site Admin
    Well i was there and i can tell you at least 15 other blokes gave him a lesson in work rate. Some of his efforts were plain lazy and his body language stunk. Played like he knew he was the coaches pet and it looks like he was right.
    Balderdash

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    How come in the outs there is no appetite to drop Wicks? He looked great in the 1st three weeks when the ball was coming into the forward line quickly and he had more time and space.

He’s been quiet the last two games and without the dynamic talent of a Hayward or a Papley he struggles to create in a crowded forward line.
    I disagree re the Essendon game: 8 tackes (3 in F50) and 29 pressure acts. Team highs.

The team has had to adjust to Buddy playing. With Buddy out again, he might see more ball.

- - - Updated - - -

That's pretty rude.

Blah blah blah 'insert meaningless dribble here'. Summed it up in half the words for you.

It wouldn't matter what he did on a field, you will always find a way to be overly negative about it - he could win a grand final after taking a contested possession in the back pocket, breaking 31 tackles, running the length of the field, and nailing the kick to win it and it still wouldn't be good enough in your book. Yet on the other hand, no matter how bog average your 'teachers pets' might perform on any given day, they'll always be above reproach no matter what....

And as I said - it doesn't matter what you think, what I think, or whatever most others think. It is clear from Longmire that, whatever it was they wanted to see from Rowbottom they saw - end of story. He will be playing on the weekend, and hopefully he will do what many have already done this season and show that you have about the same level of knowledge about what is really needed to succeed at footy as most of us - @@@@ @@@@ all.
    Last edited by mcs; 19th April 2021 at 11:17 PM.

Blah blah blah 'insert meaningless dribble here'. Summed it up in half the words for you.

It wouldn't matter what he did on a field, you would find a way to be overly negative about it. Just like no matter how bog average your 'teachers pets' might perform, they'll always be above reproach as you hide beneath the parapet.

One day when he is long retired, please do reveal to us what summoned up your utter disdain for him....... your obsessive hate is just baffling.
    I think that’s a little harsh on “The Bloods”.

We all have our favourite players and players we don’t like so much.

I’m not a big fan of fan favourite Wicks. Im probably harsher on Wicks than players I like such as Rowbottom, Dawson and J Mac.

In cricket I loved watching Mitchell Johnson play while others didn’t like him so much. In the NFL I love the dynamic ability of Lamar Jackson while other fans like different QBs.

We all have our favourites who we want to do well. With these favourites we forgive their mistakes and rejoice their success.

With our least favourites we magnify their mistakes and give a luke warm response to their success.

“The Bloods” is only human.

I challenge any fan on this forum to tell me they treat every player the same and that they have zero bias in their opinions.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast