Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 109 to 120 of 174

Thread: Changes Round 6 V Gold Coast Suns

  1. #109
    Veterans List
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Sydney East
    Posts
    4,263
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    I watched the VFL game on Saturday. I was impressed with Rowbottom's performance, especially considering he had been out for 3 weeks. He will be better for the run and it's good to see Laidler thought he performed well:

    James Rowbottom
    23 disposals, seven tackles

    "He came back from three weeks on the sideline. He was really strong in the contest and some of his closing speed to either hurry up the opposition in the midfield and or his tackling pressure was a real highlight"
    But did he have anything to say about his body language?

  2. #110
    Out: SCG
    In: Metricon

  3. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Out: SCG
    In: Metricon
    Good to hear that Heeney and Rampe are a chance to play at our next SCG game against Geelong.

  4. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor 01 View Post
    Good to hear that Heeney and Rampe are a chance to play at our next SCG game against Geelong.
    Where did you hear that? Great news!

  5. #113
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Where did you hear that? Great news!
    The injury report on the swans app says Heeney 1 to 2 weeks and Rampe 2 to 3 weeks. So Heeney is a chance but I don't think Rampe is.

  6. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    The injury report on the swans app says Heeney 1 to 2 weeks and Rampe 2 to 3 weeks. So Heeney is a chance but I don't think Rampe is.
    If you could ever get them playing together, the following forward line would be incredible:

    HF Heeney Reid Hayward
    F Papley Franklin McDonald

    Marking prowess, dynamic mercurial players. They would destroy if you could move the ball quickly through the corridor.

  7. #115
    Veterans List
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Crowland :-(
    Posts
    4,831
    For a lot of last year we played without Buddy, Rampe, Heeney and Hickey, just like the next few weeks! We won five games last year

  8. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    If you could ever get them playing together, the following forward line would be incredible:

    HF Heeney Reid Hayward
    F Papley Franklin McDonald

    Marking prowess, dynamic mercurial players. They would destroy if you could move the ball quickly through the corridor.
    And then get murdered on the rebound as you don’t have a single defensive forward in your dream team.

  9. #117
    Veterans List
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    10,080
    Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    And then get murdered on the rebound as you don’t have a single defensive forward in your dream team.
    I think Paps has a defensive skill set, but point made, GWS were holding hands when they waltzed the ball out of our forward line.

  10. #118
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    2,624
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    For a lot of last year we played without Buddy, Rampe, Heeney and Hickey, just like the next few weeks! We won five games last year
    Yes, wins over the next few weeks hard to come by and valuable. Need the young guys to step back up and a better game from the defence.

    Meanwhile, Joel is practicing in the first-teamers’ shirt: https://www.instagram.com/p/CN7IGsKH...d=ugnzkmgd3wwn.
    Twitter: @mattlwood.

  11. #119
    Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Posts
    3,075
    My guess (and it's only a guess):

    Out: Franklin (inj), Hickey (inj), Stephens (to get more game time)
    In: McLean, Sinclair, Rowbottom

    This includes one of last week's first 22 as the medical sub. Who would be the medical sub?

    Others have discussed managing players, but what about using the medical sub as a way of resting a player? If the medical sub isn't used, that would become the week's rest they needed, and if they're used early in the game they would end up being managed the following week and that's their rest.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

  12. #120
    Hoping to see Colin O'Riordan this week!! Luck of the Irish!!!

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO