Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    Yes, please!
    “Cancel Culture”.

Opti-pessi-misti
    Culture? If only!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    “Cancel Culture”.
    It's called censorship and it sometimes has a place.....and sometimes it goes too far, like those who call it 'cancel culture'.

Just to break the tension around RB, I thought I would post this article from the Roar by someone named James (credit to him for doing his own self-promotion), followed by a repost of my favourite draft highlight video, which I call "A Star is Born" (how original is that?):

James Rowbottom is the most underrated young player in the comp

https://www.afl.com.au/video/68922/draft-prospect-james-rowbottom?videoId=68922&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1536558096001

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Just to break the tension around RB, I thought I would post this article from the Roar by someone named James (credit to him for doing his own self-promotion), followed by a repost of my favourite draft highlight video, which I call "A Star is Born" (how original is that?):

James Rowbottom is the most underrated young player in the comp

https://www.afl.com.au/video/68922/draft-prospect-james-rowbottom?videoId=68922&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1536558096001

Last sentence, which I agree wholeheartedly with: "He will continue to get better throughout his career and it is only a matter of time until people start giving him the praise he deserves."

That will be a stern test for some posters here.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Last sentence, which I agree wholeheartedly with: "He will continue to get better throughout his career and it is only a matter of time until people start giving him the praise he deserves."

That will be a stern test for some posters here.
    That will be a bitter pill in combination with a large slice of humble pie. I have always wondered when they make Humble Pie where they get the humbles from.

FINALLY was able to watch the game! Caught the replay!! Are you crazy for watching a game you know the outcome of? You might ask. And the answer is yes!! But i am still viewing 2021 as a development year so to watch the young cygnets develop even is a loss is still a privilege!!

Unfortunately not a lot of developing was done in this match hehe. But learning to lose is part of any athlete's career isnt it?

Strange game. We seemed up for the fight early lots of early tackles and players running. It seemed to fizzle once the Suns got their first goal. Disappointing and disheartening.

The tale of the day for me felt like youth not coping with the incredible pressure the Suns applied, our senior swans not getting enough help against a rampant Suns team full of young hard runners. And the inclusions..... they were all non-factors. Isaac might have come back a game too soon. Fumbled ground balls he would usually scoop. RB didn't look primed at all .. unsure if we brought him back too soon or if he will just play himself through his recovery. Sinkers smashed the Suns in hitouts. Were any to advantage?? McLean seemed immobile. I thought he was better than what he showed. Was he injured or is he really lacking that much agility? Brand did ok but was injured.

Im afraid that five inclusions all giving such minor contributions to a team already coming off a loss .. will probably lead to another loss!!

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728