Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes v Geelong R7

Sounds like Rampe is unlikely but not completely out of the question whilst McCartain is a good chance to play.

Clearly there are players carrying significant niggles. Horse in his post match presser made mention that Paps and Errol were carrying niggles as well. With Heeney not being 100% and Buddy and Reid out, potentially leaves only Wicks and Logan from what would be our first choice forwards available for selection, unless wounded players are picked.

Hate to be doing team selections right now.......

I've got up to 7 changes this week if all the injury reports are true and we don't play injured players.

Could be, but very unlikely:

In: Gould, Clarke, O'Riordan, Talylor, Bell, Amartey, Stephens

Out: Brand, Reid, Hewett, Papley, Blakey, McInerney and Campbell

As long as the incomers are fit and ready to give 100% for the full game, I'm okay with anyone we select.
    Last edited by Ludwig; 26th April 2021 at 06:31 PM.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Big man crisis: Swans' stocks take another hit with star forward ruled out
    Players discussed with new injuries:
    * Sam Reid - calf
    * George Hewett - concussion
    * Nick Blakey - corked thigh

Players with existing injuries:
    * Lance Franklin - bone bruising
    * Tom Hickey - knee
    * Dane Rampe - finger
    * Tom McCartin - hamstring

Other players discussed:
    * Logan McDonald - rested, played a half in the VFL.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Reid out for a couple of weeks with a calf.
    I'm genuinely upset for Reid. The start of this year has been a strong one for him and he does provide some versatility for us around the ground. He can't buy a consistent injury-free run at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    I'm genuinely upset for Reid. The start of this year has been a strong one for him and he does provide some versatility for us around the ground. He can't buy a consistent injury-free run at it.
    Sadly made of tissue paper it seems. Like you, I think he has had a really strong start to the year and was on track for a really good season. Lets hope this injury doesn't derail his season like so many others have previously.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    So what's papleys injury?
    It looked like he injured his ankle. I'm not sure if that is the same injury that had him missing training during the week.

We need someone to play like Fox did when we beat Geelong at the GMHBA few years ago. We usually match well with Geelong game style but our midfield is struggling so I would say ... rest the injured, let’s not worry about winning this game but get the injured right in 2 -3 weeks.

Stephens, Logan, Ling, Clarke, Lewis Taylor, Sam Gray, Colin Oriordan, Amartey, Gould - all to come in to replace whoever is injured.

I passed by training today and the most interesting thing I learned was that almost all our "injured" players were training, some of them with the fluro cap. That included Tom Hickey (with cap)!! And Robbie Fox. And Sam Naismith (no cap). Doesn't mean they'll play but so fascinating. Didn't they report that Hickey had done his PCL and would be out two months?

I had a brief word to Nick Blakey and got the impression he is likely to play this weekend.

Does anyone know what the go is with Ben Ronke? I can't remember the last time I saw him around - might have been some time in the pre-season.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I passed by training today and the most interesting thing I learned was that almost all our "injured" players were training, some of them with the fluro cap. That included Tom Hickey (with cap)!! And Robbie Fox. And Sam Naismith (no cap). Doesn't mean they'll play but so fascinating. Didn't they report that Hickey had done his PCL and would be out two months?

I had a brief word to Nick Blakey and got the impression he is likely to play this weekend.

Does anyone know what the go is with Ben Ronke? I can't remember the last time I saw him around - might have been some time in the pre-season.
    Interesting. What kind of training? Don't imagine someone who had just done his PCL would be doing any kind of training...

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Interesting. What kind of training? Don't imagine someone who had just done his PCL would be doing any kind of training...
    Tom Hickey was playing in the match sim (or whatever it was). In the ruck. Actually playing. I can't explain it. I'm just telling you what I saw.

Didn't see Buddy, Hewett or Sam Reid.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Given our injuries, and the way that Geelong put West Coast away last week, I think we have to be prepared for Horse to shift to a much more defensive game plan for this game so that we don't get blown away the same way WC were.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Tom Hickey was playing in the match sim (or whatever it was). In the ruck. Actually playing. I can't explain it. I'm just telling you what I saw.

Didn't see Buddy, Hewett or Sam Reid.
    Wow, guess that’s positive then!!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast