Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes v Geelong R7

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Wow, guess that’s positive then!!
    Positive or really negative. Short term gain may lead to really long term pain.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Tom Hickey was playing in the match sim (or whatever it was). In the ruck. Actually playing. I can't explain it. I'm just telling you what I saw.

Didn't see Buddy, Hewett or Sam Reid.
    How bizarre...

Fox and Naismith are probably due back ... but Hickey? He's pretty unmistakable too, so it couldn't be anyone else really

Did Goodes play through a PCL injury without missing a game?

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    How bizarre...

Fox and Naismith are probably due back ... but Hickey? He's pretty unmistakable too, so it couldn't be anyone else really
    His knee was strapped and he wasn't really having to compete for the tap at the ball ups, nobody was jumping into him. But he was running around on the ground with all the other players.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Tom Hickey was playing in the match sim (or whatever it was). In the ruck. Actually playing. I can't explain it. I'm just telling you what I saw.
    You sure you didn't mistake this chap for Tom Hickey.

Google Image Result for https://i.pinimg.com/originals/1d/b6/76/1db6760e97ec5d62d8e1af48e70e1c61.jpg

They look quite similar to my eyes
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    You sure you didn't mistake this chap for Tom Hickey.

Google Image Result for https://i.pinimg.com/originals/1d/b6/76/1db6760e97ec5d62d8e1af48e70e1c61.jpg

They look quite similar to my eyes
    No, he was definitely wearing a fluro cap and had a bandage on his knee. Plus wearing the Swans uniformn, not a sack. Otherwise, yes, the similarities are uncanny.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Did Goodes play through a PCL injury without missing a game?
    Yes, and I believe CHB which meant he could play straight ahead with minimal turning.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Given our injuries, and the way that Geelong put West Coast away last week, I think we have to be prepared for Horse to shift to a much more defensive game plan for this game so that we don't get blown away the same way WC were.
    West Coast were playing away. West Coast's record this year: 3 home games for 3 wins, 3 away games for 3 losses. Their record is so skewed that they defeated Port Adelaide at home (Port's only loss) and then lost to St Kilda away (one of St Kilda's two wins) in consecutive weeks.

Our game against West Coast will be at the SCG near the end of the season.

Kardinia Park has not been a good venue for West Coast. They have lost their last seven games there. Their only win there this century was in 2006, with one draw there in 2003. Their record this century at Kardinia Park is 1 win, 1 draw, 10 losses. Overall, their record there is 8 wins, 1 draw, 16 losses.

West Coast are looking like a side drifting through the season without attaining great heights.

By contrast, Kardinia Park has been a real fortress for Geelong. They have played 154 games there this century for 123 wins, 2 draws and 29 losses. After 2009, their record there is 73 wins and 10 losses. The 10 losses were Sydney (2011, 2016, 2017, 2018), Fremantle (2013 finals, 2015), Carlton (2020), GWS (2019), Melbourne (2015), North Melbourne (2015).

So I wouldn't read a lot into Geelong flogging a team they've not lost to at the venue for 15 years.

Geelong's recent record at the SCG has been fairly good. They have won their last two games there, but those were in 2018 and 2019. Since 2010, they have played there for 4 wins and 2 losses. One of those losses was by 110 points, Geelong's most recent loss by over 100 points.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    West Coast were playing away. West Coast's record this year: 3 home games for 3 wins, 3 away games for 3 losses. Their record is so skewed that they defeated Port Adelaide at home (Port's only loss) and then lost to St Kilda away (one of St Kilda's two wins) in consecutive weeks.

Our game against West Coast will be at the SCG near the end of the season.

Kardinia Park has not been a good venue for West Coast. They have lost their last seven games there. Their only win there this century was in 2006, with one draw there in 2003. Their record this century at Kardinia Park is 1 win, 1 draw, 10 losses. Overall, their record there is 8 wins, 1 draw, 16 losses.

West Coast are looking like a side drifting through the season without attaining great heights.
    '
    By contrast, Kardinia Park has been a real fortress for Geelong. They have played 154 games there this century for 123 wins, 2 draws and 29 losses. After 2009, their record there is 73 wins and 10 losses. The 10 losses were Sydney (2011, 2016, 2017, 2018), Fremantle (2013 finals, 2015), Carlton (2020), GWS (2019), Melbourne (2015), North Melbourne (2015).

So I wouldn't read a lot into Geelong flogging a team they've not lost to at the venue for 15 years.

Geelong's recent record at the SCG has been fairly good. They have won their last two games there, but those were in 2018 and 2019. Since 2010, they have played there for 4 wins and 2 losses. One of those losses was by 110 points, Geelong's most recent loss by over 100 points.
    WC won at Kardinia Park in 2006, you say...,. Wonder if they had the pre-game dexamethasone that day, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post

Outs: Blakey Hewett Heeney Papley Sinclair Brand
    Ins: Stephens COR McDonald Campbell Amartey McCartin.
    Brand>Melican
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

My team:

B Cunningham Melican Dawson
    HB Lloyd McCartin Ling
    C Jac Mac Rowbottom Stephens
    HF Heeney McDonald Haywood
    F Papley McClean Wicks
    Foll Sinclair Parker Mills
    Inter Kennedy, Warner, Florent, Amarty

I really worry about playing injured players. It's still early in the season and I'd prefer to have our best team on the park closer to September than first week of May.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast