Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes v Geelong R7

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    I really worry about playing injured players. It's still early in the season and I'd prefer to have our best team on the park closer to September than first week of May.
    If we get to September!

Rushing back players with broken hands, not sure if it's sensible, Heeney had little influence last week.

We've had an incredibly bad run of injuries to the most important players after starting the season with a near full list :-( We need a full list to be competitive.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    ... Outs: Blakey Hewett Heeney Papley Sinclair Brand
    Ins: Stephens COR McDonald Campbell Amartey McCartin.
    Apart from changes due to injuries I think we should give the team a chance to redeem themselves, although if McCartin is fit he should come back into the team.
    Melican (and Sinclair) should get better with a couple of games in a row. Hopefully Heeney too.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Apart from changes due to injuries I think we should give the team a chance to redeem themselves, although if McCartin is fit he should come back into the team.
    Melican (and Sinclair) should get better with a couple of games in a row. Hopefully Heeney too.
    I tend to agree with this sentiment.

Should be McCartin in for one of Brand or Melican. My preference is Brand, but I admit I'm biased. The other swap would be one of Amartey or McDonald for Reid. I'd like to see Amartey have a crack at it, because like Reid, he can go in the ruck, backline and forward line and McDonald probably needs more of a rest.

Was Brand actually injured or just underdone and cramping badly during the 3rd ? Then moved to the forward line were he could hardly move ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Rushing back players with broken hands, not sure if it's sensible, Heeney had little influence last week.
    I thought Heeney's first 5 minutes (like the rest of the team's) was excellent - sadly the rest of his game was on a par with the rest of the team.

I wonder at the whole playing with a broken hand thing, we have to assume the medical experts gave it the go ahead but I'm glad it's not me.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Even though all of us were hoping finals, I am hoping that the coaches were a bit more pragmatic about our chances and hence would not try and play injured players and result in more significant injuries to them.
    It’s a difficult art but one that is necessary to take a long term view. We have a good group of players who would get better with the VFL now underway and they all get to play and improve their skills.
    So I would think we should rest the ones needing rest and try the untried this week and next. We are likely to lose both but if we can keep the margin Ok we will still be a chance later.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    I thought Heeney's first 5 minutes (like the rest of the team's) was excellent - sadly the rest of his game was on a par with the rest of the team.

I wonder at the whole playing with a broken hand thing, we have to assume the medical experts gave it the go ahead but I'm glad it's not me.
    I was thinking the same. Surely the broken hand impacted not only his physical ability but also his confidence. Was crazy to bring him back.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I was thinking the same. Surely the broken hand impacted not only his physical ability but also his confidence. Was crazy to bring him back.
    Agreed.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Yep completely agree. Had very little influence around the ground, and surely having to wear a cut down glove that looked the size of a ten pin bowling glove couldn't have been cohesive to having much confidence in the hand.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gloveski View Post
    Was Brand actually injured or just underdone and cramping badly during the 3rd ? Then moved to the forward line were he could hardly move ?

It definitely looked like a bloke who'd played 2 games of AFL in the past two years, and was cramping as a consequence
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by gloveski View Post

I was going to ask the same thing because there is no mention of him in the injury report. Maybe it was bad cramp as it was a warm day and he hasn't had much game time.

Going to be very difficult to win without your entire 1st choice spine probably being unavailable:

Rampe
    McCartin
    Hickey
    Reid
    Franklin

Does anyone feel that the Swans may have erred in not resting Guldon, McDonald and Campbell earlier in the season? Those three players seem to have lost some zing, form and confidence. They are getting rested now after losing form and confidence. Would have it been better to rest those guys when they were in top form? They would have come back two weeks later jumping out of their skins.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast