Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes v Geelong R7

Changes v Geelong R7

There are many fitness queries heading into this game, even before we talk form or who are the best match ups for a rampant Cat's lineup.
    I'm going to assume from the GC game that Hewett, Blakey, Heeney and Papley will be unavailable. Papley was marginal prior to the GC game and he certainly didn't look 100% as was the case with Heeney.
    Sinclair looked sluggish over the ground and fumbled alot. We are going to need our ruckman to be mobile and get back to assist against Cameron and Hawkins. I'd leave him out for Amartey.
    McCartain hopefully back for Brand.

Outs: Blakey Hewett Heeney Papley Sinclair Brand
    Ins: Stephens COR McDonald Campbell Amartey McCartin.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    There are many fitness queries heading into this game, even before we talk form or who are the best match ups for a rampant Cat's lineup.
    I'm going to assume from the GC game that Hewett, Blakey, Heeney and Papley will be unavailable. Papley was marginal prior to the GC game and he certainly didn't look 100% as was the case with Heeney.
    Sinclair looked sluggish over the ground and fumbled alot. We are going to need our ruckman to be mobile and get back to assist against Cameron and Hawkins. I'd leave him out for Amartey.
    McCartain hopefully back for Brand.

Outs: Blakey Hewett Heeney Papley Sinclair Brand
    Ins: Stephens COR McDonald Campbell Amartey McCartin.
    Fair call

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Fair call
    Love to see Campbell play some wing or HF flank. Our F50 delivery was @@@@e against GC and to a lesser extent in the GWS and Essendon games. He could improve this as well as kick a few. This was the position he played in that game prior to the 2019 GF where he announced himself as a potential top 10 draftee.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Love to see Campbell play some wing or HF flank. Our F50 delivery was @@@@e against GC and to a lesser extent in the GWS and Essendon games. He could improve this as well as kick a few. This was the position he played in that game prior to the 2019 GF where he announced himself as a potential top 10 draftee.
    Might have to play Campbell there out of necessity. May need goals from him. Reckon we'll probably play Heeney.

McDonald got his rest and should come back in.
    Campbell stays in the 22 with Hewett out.
    Stephens and McCartin in.

I'd probably play Brand over Melican.

Time for Stephens and COR to get a run.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Agree

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I thought Stephens played pretty well in reserves from what I could see on Saturday and deserves a full game to show what he has had. Not so sold on COR, but we are so lacking in options down back every option is on the table. Was tidy, but I didn't really feel anyone in the backline (perhaps Gould) had really good games overall.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Suspended by the MRP
    Stephens and Gould in for Blakey and Hewett

McCartin in for Brand. Hope he gets up

I agree with playing Campbell up the ground, seems a bit like Warner last year getting played in a position unfamiliar.

Lloyd, Harry and Dawson are down back and no point having Cambpell down there handballing to one of them running past.

Was evem touted at a Matt Rowell type pre season, put him in the middle for a kick

McDonald didn't add much to the reserves.

In: Amartey, Stephens, McCartin
    Out: Hewett, Blakey, Papley

Regular in the Side
    Stephens was reported to be limping after the VFL game! McDonald only played half a game. Both might be doughtful.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast