Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 7: the other games. Thursday night football, we hardly knew you.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Just going through the draw, it seems like Thursday night football has been quietly killed off. Which is the fate of many of the AFL's innovations. Can't say that I'll really miss it. Not that I had any great objections to it: it's just that they somehow managed to randomly burden a few of the clubs with a dreaded five day turnaround. Also, Friday night games generally feel like blockbusters, whereas the Thursday games often seemed a bit meh.
    The usual pattern for Thursday night games is to have most of them early in the season and during the bye weeks.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    The Bulldogs were in uncharted waters tonight - they lost the free kick count!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Wasn't it glorious? Best stat of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    Haha. That's quite the list. Let's make it a deal if we bundle in Fat Chins McGuire too.
    Trump to go against Mumford in the ruck. McGuire to match up with Parker. Both will later claim to be BOG: from their hospital beds.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    But seriously, they still got the better of the umpiring. It's the non paid frees where they gain an advantage. Thankfully, it didn't deliver them yet another undeserved win.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Trump to go against Mumford in the ruck. McGuire to match up with Parker. Both will later claim to be BOG: from their hospital beds.
    I’d be playing Ivan Milat on both Trump and Eddie.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    But seriously, they still got the better of the umpiring. It's the non paid frees where they gain an advantage. Thankfully, it didn't deliver them yet another undeserved win.
    I frothed at the mouth when Bontempelli received a free kick right in front of goal for running into (and falling over) a Tiger's player who was holding his ground, keeping his eyes on the ball, to take a mark.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I frothed at the mouth when Bontempelli received a free kick right in front of goal for running into (and falling over) a Tiger's player who was holding his ground, keeping his eyes on the ball, to take a mark.
    It is a constant source of frustration to see the absolute nonsensical charity they receive.....week after week.

Very early days in the game and they're not winning by much but the Suns are currently in front of Collingwood

Oh please, please, please keep it up, Gold Coast!!!!!

Suns 34 points up with 11 minutes to go!

Veterans List
    Suns win by 24 and GWS have Crows well under control.....54 pts up in the last.

Veterans List
    Saints absolutely pantsing the Hawks.....great to see. 48 pts up well into second quarter.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast