Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 7: the other games. Thursday night football, we hardly knew you.

Buckley is gone.

Veterans List
    I was just checking Titus O'Reilly's tips for the games so far. He has 1 correct out of 6 games.....and his only correct tip? Us!

Funny.....that he tipped us.

Veterans List
    Norf 19 pts up on the Dees at half time! Melbourne lost key defender Tomlinson early on with a knee injury.....real bad for him, good for us next week.

Veterans List
    Dees in control now.....32 pt turnaround in the third. Get cocky for next week Melbourne.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Dees in control now.....32 pt turnaround in the third. Get cocky for next week Melbourne.
    Glad Dees won from a mental aspect as they will have real big heads now as they get sucked into all the media hype this week being on top of the ladder. If Rampe returns next week, I give us a real chance as last night's win would've re-instilled our confidence to match it with anyone....just ask Richmond & Brisbane, Go Bloods!

I hope port Adelaide take AFL to court over prison bar jumper. There is a contract for 1 game a year, and home showdown is that game.

Looks like we finish the round in fourth position. Even if Fremantle stage a truly remarkable last quarter comeback, they would still be behind us on percentage.

And at 5-2, we could probably go W L W L W L etc, for the rest of the season and still make the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I hope port Adelaide take AFL to court over prison bar jumper. There is a contract for 1 game a year, and home showdown is that game.
    Collingwood's view is that the signed letter saids the Heritage Round is OK. It does not mention the local derby. Petsonally, I think that Eddie and Co are being petty and they should just let Port wear it in the derby game, especially as there is no Heritage game anymore.

PS Why did they remove the Heritage round? It was great fun to see Clubs including ours wear the old jumpers. I remember us wearing the red striped one from our 1918 premiership win. It looked great!

Sounds like McGuire: allow something they don't like (port jumper) with a caveat (heritage round). And then lobby hard to remove caveat.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Why is it decision that involves Collingwood in any case?

Surely the afl just needs to grow a pair. If I’m in ports shoes I’d play in the heritage jumper and call their bluff

Veterans List
    In regard to the Swans/Geelong controversy, I attempted to post this on the match thread but a contained link froze the thread (Mod's, please rectify this) so I will put it here.

Now this from this Alistair Nicholson article on ABC News Online article headlined: "Richmond Go From The Hunted To The Hunter etc."

Karma comes for the Cats

It's fair to say if you were a golf professional, you wouldn't want an AFL umpire for a caddy. Judging yardage just isn't their forte. Coaching great David Parkin often says Aussie rules is the world's toughest game to officiate, and I agree the umpires largely do an excellent job in very difficult circumstances.

But the 15-metre kick is the most poorly adjudicated rule in the game, with marks routinely paid when the ball travelled no further than a 20-foot putt.

The usually generous assessment of distance made Saturday night's howler at the SCG all the more conspicuous.

In this instance, the umpires badly underestimated the length of Brad Close's kick across the goal mouth in the dying moments of the clash with Sydney.

The AFL on Sunday confirmed Jeremy Cameron should have been paid a mark in the right forward pocket, giving him the chance to be a hero in just his second game for the Cats. Cameron still needed to bend the ball through from a tight angle but, as a left-footer, there was every chance.

Seconds later, the Cats should also have been awarded a holding-the-ball free kick directly in front when James Rowbottom leapt on the ball, was tackled by Joel Selwood and made no effort to dispose of it. It was blatant."

I have sent a complaint to the ABC.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 3rd May 2021 at 01:05 PM.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post

I have sent a complaint to the ABC.
    What are you complaining about?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast