Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread. Swans v Geelong.

Final siren has sounded. To many what if's to be counted up if you want to change the result.

What if the Swans played better in the first quarter? What if a free here or there was not paid or should have been paid.

If the Cats get to change one thing, presume the swans can change something also... We will go second!

In looking at the 360 video clip, the tackler around Cameron was
    Papley

Long Term Injury List
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod_ View Post
    Final siren has sounded. To many what if's to be counted up if you want to change the result.

What if the Swans played better in the first quarter? What if a free here or there was not paid or should have been paid.

If the Cats get to change one thing, presume the swans can change something also... We will go second!
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    All of this "the Swans were lucky" stuff is based on the ridiculous assumption by media personalities that the Cameron decision was the only umpiring mistake made in the game. From what media pundits are saying, you'd think that up until the last 10 seconds, every free kick the umpires paid was correct and that every time they didn't make a call, they got that right too! Geelong's first goal came from a mark paid from a kick that was nowhere near 15 metres. The free kick paid against Lloyd that led to a goal was a shocking decision as well! No mention of any of these instances in the media!

To change the subject, I've watched highlights of the game numerous times and the crowd was just magnificent! The reactions to the Papley goal and the final siren were reminiscent of the Nick Davis final! Fantastic stuff!

Go Bloods!
    Nick Davis was doing the ABC radio commentary and I got the impression that he was being flooded by happy memories of playing Geelong.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    It certainly does....and I was wrong. In the match replay video, it is hard to make out exactly what he is saying besides 'play on' but I could have sworn I heard the word 'touched'. Like KSAS, I may have been guilty of hearing what I wanted to hear.....hell, we've all been there!

Anyway, I couldn't give a rats if the call was wrong, Cameron was no guarantee of kicking a goal and the Cats got at least 3 earlier goals from flatly wrong decisions. Karma can be a bitch.....but we got some good karma on Saturday night.....and we deserved it!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Which is why I was peed off when Whateley suggested it would be fair if the Swans lose a game against Brisbane as a result of late umpring error to even things up, but was disappointed that we're not fixtured to play them again.
    That is seriously pathetic from Whatley, a sports journo I have respected a lot over the years. He's certainly become more of one of the Vic boys club since he left the ABC.....very disappointing and immature response.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    It certainly does....and I was wrong. In the match replay video, it is hard to make out exactly what he is saying besides 'play on' but I could have sworn I heard the word 'touched'. Like KSAS, I may have been guilty of hearing what I wanted to hear.....hell, we've all been there!

Anyway, I couldn't give a rats if the call was wrong, Cameron was no guarantee of kicking a goal and the Cats got at least 3 earlier goals from flatly wrong decisions. Karma can be a bitch.....but we got some good karma on Saturday night.....and we deserved it!
    I hope you withdrew your complaint to the abc

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    That is seriously pathetic from Whatley, a sports journo I have respected a lot over the years. He's certainly become more of one of the Vic boys club since he left the ABC.....very disappointing and immature response.
    Has become the biggest know all in the game

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    I must have biaised ears as I was one of those who were certain they could make out touched/play on call watching the replay. Last night's AFL360 evidence makes it clear there was only the Play On call....
    I thought I heard it as well on the TV coverage. I guess there Is there a chance they isolated the microphone of the controlling umpire and the ‘touched’ call was from another umpire or even a player.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I hope you withdrew your complaint to the abc
    No way!

Seriously though, on the basis that Nicholson would not have heard the follow up footage with clearer audio when he made his assertions on The Offsiders, the points of my complaint are still relevant. Besides, I know not how to withdraw said complaint.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 4th May 2021 at 02:05 PM.

I’m 100% sure I heard touched as well when watching live

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gloveski View Post
    I’m 100% sure I heard touched as well when watching live
    Proves the unreliability of earwitness reports.