Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Changes for R8: Swans vs Melbourne

Chances are that there will be more weeks when both Hickey and Naismith are injured than when both are fit to play.

I reckon we match well in the middle of the field with the Dees. Where we need to match up with them is intercept marks, rebound 50, and wing running. Ben Brown and Tom McDonald are going to hurt us only if their intercept game gets going and wingman are off the leash. Pickett on the other hand will need very close attention. Cunningham will get the job or maybe Campbell comes back and plays close to him. They have genuine fast small forwards.

Loss of Tomlinson will make Steven May accountable. So hopefully we will prevent their intercept game. Hickey will have to be on alert with Gawn going into defence and offensive 50. Don’t worry about Petracca - he won’t hurt us if we control the wing and rebound.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    The modern ruckman needs to be able to not only tap to advantage but also win their own clearances, get around the park to support the defence and take marks in F50 and kick the odd goal. Hickey has done all this, hence his importance to the team.

Naismith is only good for hitouts. He has minimal influence elsewhere. His metrics, other then hitouts are poor, many bettered by Sinclair. There seems to be this thought that he serves it on a platter to our mids. I call BS on this. When he last played consistently for us, we had a dominant midfield that thrived at the contest. For them, it didn't matter who won the hitouts, they would invariably win the clearance. It was so strong that Tom Mitchell could barely crack a regular gig in ones.

As always, happy to be proven wrong but I can't see why Naismith is required whilst Hickey is in the side and playing like he is. Remember, he last played regular footy for us 3-4 years ago and is coming off his second ACL recon.
    agree 100%. Sam is a one trick pony whereas the Wild Thing plays like an additional onballer

The Demons are vulnerable.

• Christian Petracca has been doing all the tv and radio shows this week, spending any remaining time with his accountant. When you're better than Dusty, you don't have to train.
    • Clayton Oliver has been singing What About Me? in the shower. He's threatening to join his brother Jaime in the restaurant business unless he gets $7 million.
    • Gerard Healy has turned his hand to film production with yet another remake of A Star is Born, this time starring Kysiah Pickett alongside Lady Gaga. He's already better than Cyril and Maurice combined. Nothing else to do in life.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    On the app it says

In Blakey Fox Franklin Rampe
    Out Clarke Heeney Melican Stephens

Emg Heeney Bell Brand

Only 3 emergencies?

Blakey is an emergency, it's 5 on the bench in the app

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    On the app it says

In Blakey Fox Franklin Rampe
    Out Clarke Heeney Melican Stephens

Emg Heeney Bell Brand

Only 3 emergencies?
    I suspect this is right:
    TEAM: Three big inclusions.

No Hewett or Stephens.

Wonder who plays on Langdon and Petracca?

Weird thing to me is the amount of tall forwards. Hickey, Sinclair, Franklin and McLean.

Bit harsh on Stephens I feel! He should get a run and I think he should be the sub.

However I think this is close to our best 22. Heeney, O'Riordan and Reid for Sinclair, Stephens/Campbell and McLean and we're there!

I guess at any point at least one of Hickey, Sinclair, Buddy, or McLean will be on the bench because you can’t really have Sinkers, McLean, and Buddy all in the forward line at the same time.

I'm slightly disappointed we retained Sinclair. I would have preferred Stephens. Or Blakey, if we wanted someone taller (albeit Blakey isn't a strong mark and hasn't learned how to use his height to maximum advantage).

Backline looks strong. Good team. I hope the forwards are able to apply enough pressure.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast