Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for R8: Swans vs Melbourne

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Of course we keep MClean! Silly talk to suggest otherwise. Sinclair has big heart but he is not a ruckmans A hole and is non existent as a forward.
    I wouldn't go as far as saying non existent as a forward. He should have had a shot at goal right in front, just before RB kicked his goal. If Wayward didn't play on he would have got us within a goal. It was also Sinclair who showed excellent skill to catch and return a handball to Papley to kick the winner

Except Sinclair also delivered the telling handball assist for 2 goals.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Except Sinclair also delivered the telling handball assist for 2 goals.
    Wow handballs !

Regular in the Side
    Would not have won without Sinclair's two handballs!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    Melbourne are challenging the one week ban. It will be interesting to see what transpires.
    Surely suspension stays. Serious hit.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Goal Sneak View Post
    I wouldn't go as far as saying non existent as a forward. He should have had a shot at goal right in front, just before RB kicked his goal. If Wayward didn't play on he would have got us within a goal. It was also Sinclair who showed excellent skill to catch and return a handball to Papley to kick the winner
    Fair call but there may be no room for him this week. Wayward is the perfect nickname for Will. On a serious note, not sure if Heeney and Wayward fit together in forward line. Of course, Isaac is the far better player.

I'd bring in Franklin for Sinkers as I think McLean could ruck well against Jackson. McLean is a pretty hardworking aggresive ruck from memory and could put the younger Jackson under pressure.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    Heeney should stay - an injury like his should keep improving each week. He also provides important structure, which allows for McLean to have the night he did. Replacing him with a midfielder is not the right call.

In: Buddy, Rampe, Hewett
    Out: Melican, Sinclair, COR

Match ups:
    McCartin to get Brown
    Rampe to get Jackson (and play loose. He's not a good tall yet)
    Cunningham to get Kossi

Shame Fritsch isn't playing, Rampe would give him a bath.

I'm feeling really confident about this week, I think we match up with them well
    You've been watching different Melbourne games to me - Jackson has played very well indeed when I've watched them.

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    You've been watching different Melbourne games to me - Jackson has played very well indeed when I've watched them.
    I agree he's been great, just not as a tall marking forward. His been super competitive post ruck taps and at ground level in second efforts after a marking contest. But not aerially yet. I think he'll become a great tall forward / ruck very quickly. I was really bummed he got taken at 3 in 2019 when we had pick 5 - I'm sure Stephens will be a fine alternative in time.

Regular in the Side
    'FREE TO PLAY: Bayley Fritsch has overturned his one-match ban for striking'

Suspended by the MRP
    What a load of baloney !!

I'd swap COR for Fox, with him and Rampe to split Jackson and Fritsch

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast