Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
I'm bemused by how quickly some are to drop Colin. I haven\t heard any real criticism of his game, and it is his first senior game since injured mid season 2020. So what does he have to do to keep his spot in the side? Are we setting a higher standard for Colin than for other players?

I honestly can't separate COR and Fox. I like them both and feel bad to leave either out of the side, but realise that we may not have enough spots to carry both in the seniors, although they did play a number of games together last y ar (but I can't remember anything about those games). I think both Colin and Fox played well last year when they were selected.

Keeping Colin in the side is not a reflection of anyone not selected. I feel that if we we bring in a player and the player does his job well, then we he should keep his spot.
Colin had a solid game, but I think Fox offers more. He has a better leap and plays taller, and seems more dangerous bouncing out of defence. I trust him a little more in defensive duels. I thought he played better last year than Colin has.

But I agree with the sentiment in your final paragraph. I am not advocating he get dropped this week. However, consistent with my view that Fox offers more to the team, I'd like to see a bit more from Colin (particularly rebounding punch) if he's keeping Fox out.