Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Round 4 Game Day - The Season So Far

Quote Originally Posted by tara View Post
    Ive got a novel idea.

Introduce a pathway that rewards clubs who actively engage and develop the juniors with their pathway.

Oh wait my bad - that will never work because it means that clubs from outside the pathway will no longer be able to recruit those players they have never had any involvement with and that certainly is not fair.
    Who would those clubs be and how would you reward them?

1st played 3rd and Mike Kenny on the weekend and 37 of the 44 players involved were 1 point players (NS19 and PH18).

Keen to hear what the reward might be.

That'd be 1st played 3rd at Mike Kenny...

If 1st had played 3rd and Mike Kenny, the result would've been the other way around!!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber. View Post
    Who would those clubs be and how would you reward them?

1st played 3rd and Mike Kenny on the weekend and 37 of the 44 players involved were 1 point players (NS19 and PH18).

Keen to hear what the reward might be.

You do realise I was taking the piss dont you. As for a reward its simple those kids clubs actively work with and engage eventually come to that senior club and stay within their region.

North Shore and Penno have a very fertile junior region and have historically done a great job in keeping those kids at their senior clubs hence their sustained success.

BTW there was a pathway that was working and working well that Garry Burkinshaw introduced. Unfortunately it didint sit well with some and he was hounded out.

You do realise I was taking the piss dont you. As for a reward its simple those kids clubs actively work with and engage eventually come to that senior club and stay within their region.

North Shore and Penno have a very fertile junior region and have historically done a great job in keeping those kids at their senior clubs hence their sustained success.

BTW there was a pathway that was working and working well that Garry Burkinshaw introduced. Unfortunately it didint sit well with some and he was hounded out.
    Please elaborate on the Gary Burkinshaw pathway and how it has changed Tara for those that are post his time?

You do realise I was taking the piss dont you. You for a reward its simple those kids clubs actively work with and engage eventually come to that senior club and stay within their region.
    It was pretty obvious you were taking the piss Tara, as a number of people on this site do - and as I was.

There will be no reward from the AFL for clubs that put effort into pathways, as there hasn’t been previously. You’ll just be ‘lucky’ you have your 1pt players.

People at Moore Park see the development of pathways and pathway relationships as the outcome their own efforts - or just dumb luck on behalf of the clubs. It’s actually offensive to the dozens of people who put in thousands of hours to make those things happen.

Interesting comment about the GB pathways. AFL currently denying they existed.

It was pretty obvious you were taking the piss Tara, as a number of people on this site do - and as I was.

There will be no reward from the AFL for clubs that put effort into pathways, as there hasn’t been previously. You’ll just be ‘lucky’ you have your 1pt players.

People at Moore Park see the development of pathways and pathway relationships as the outcome their own efforts - or just dumb luck on behalf of the clubs. It’s actually offensive to the dozens of people who put in thousands of hours to make those things happen.

Surely we are not adding denial out of AFL Sydney to the list of leadership superlatives over the last few years.

Hey Bomber
    Can you get onto the illustrious AFL mob that told you that the GB pathway never existed and tell them to remove the Sydney AFL article below. Always a clever move that if you are going to outright lie, that you should shred the evidence.
    Burkinshaw to Stand Down at Seasons End - AFL Sydney - GameDay

Quote Originally Posted by ShortHalfHead View Post
    Hey Bomber
    Can you get onto the illustrious AFL mob that told you that the GB pathway never existed and tell them to remove the Sydney AFL article below. Always a clever move that if you are going to outright lie, that you should shred the evidence.
    Burkinshaw to Stand Down at Seasons End - AFL Sydney - GameDay
    Or this -
    http://www.cronullajafc.com.au/wp-co...olicy-2012.pdf. I've been distant to all this for ages but I believe it was updated from time to time. Others can comment as to whether it was replaced by Points System and link us to that announcement (if true) perhaps.

Absolute Gold here!

Game has steadily gone backwards in development ever since GB left

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Game has steadily gone backwards in development ever since GB left
    While I agree if you look at the whole of Sydney, the growth of the Big clubs to 10+ teams and the overall growth of womens footy has been exceptional.
    GB put the brakes on the growth of clubs in the Black Diamond league, and IMO that impacted negatively on that competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wills View Post
    While I agree if you look at the whole of Sydney, the growth of the Big clubs to 10+ teams and the overall growth of women's footy has been exceptional.
    GB put the brakes on the growth of clubs in the Black Diamond league, and IMO that impacted negatively on that competition.
    Round 7 produced some interesting results for the clubs on the improve at PD level and has been interesting to hear the excuses offered ranging from VFL taking players, VFLW taking players, Academy games and so on.

Club depth has always been the centrepiece for sustained success at any level, community footy is no exception. Will be interesting to assess the improvers and establish if it is sustainable by looking at each PD clubs top 4 grades at half way mark after every team has played each other once. That is of course excluding team mismatch at Women's PD and the most important competition for sustained success - Colts Div. 1 Premier Division.

The strong PD clubs seem to have very young lists and continue to blood talent through their men's and women pathways.

Pathways and competition structures are high on AFL Sydney agenda, so lets hope our governing body has collected enough data to make the right call, albeit decisions which will not be for every club.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345