Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Round 4 Game Day - The Season So Far

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wills View Post
    Ha ... my suggestion was more about "kicking them out" to create a more even competition (across all Divisions) more than an elitist 4 team competition but can see the comparison.
    Big call Tommy. Is your tongue in your cheek. Haven't been on hear long enough to work that out.
    Checked the comps and the clubs you said have 27 of 64 teams in the men’s side. Take it this isn’t about the women’s comps.
    27 out of 80 if you put in platinum teams.
    That’s a pretty big hole.
    I take it you don’t care what they do. Play or not.

If all this has only come from 5 years ago what caused it and why isn’t it just another cycle

Quote Originally Posted by Old Puppy View Post
    Don't mistake well run business, organisations and clubs with elitism. .
    Old Dog - If think you missed the point of my post - I was not calling the big 4 elitist, it was the vert opposite. The problem is they are too well run and too professional and are creating a significant imbalance across all divisions. As Peky advised Nor-West got thumped by NS 4ths.

Mechanic - the problems started when the big clubs took on a team growth strategy. When you grow your club to 4, 5, and 6 men's teams your club get stronger in every team down. In the old days the 3rds was a bit of shamble, now 3rds footy is outstanding quality. Yes there is a small amount of tongue in check, but it is a real problem the creation of a "state league" won't fix the imbalance across all Divisions.

Quote Originally Posted by andreww1 View Post
    The current “state league” proposal is for a 6 team Sydney only competition. It does include Camden as one of the 6 so based on current form it’s not really about elevating the best teams to a higher level or reducing the unevenness of the competition Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I know I'm new but noone could be serious about a higher level competition that puts a team in that gets beaten by 200 points. Don't mean to disrespect them but that would make the competition a joke. Cant see why Camden would want any involvement with that. Wouldnt it kill their club and cant see why the top teams would send top players to paly that game. Makes a joke of a higher level competition. The AFL would have to do better than that. If the issue is 4 clubs why dont they slide those 4 clubs up a level. Pekays senior would play NS 5ths and the game would be competitive. If NS reserves played premier div they would struggle against a few clubs so all grades get more even. you only have to get some teams for the seniors of those four clubs to play against. Albury is to far but Canberra maybe. that might actually be a higher level competition

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
    I know I'm new but noone could be serious about a higher level competition that puts a team in that gets beaten by 200 points. Don't mean to disrespect them but that would make the competition a joke. Cant see why Camden would want any involvement with that. Wouldnt it kill their club and cant see why the top teams would send top players to paly that game. Makes a joke of a higher level competition. The AFL would have to do better than that. If the issue is 4 clubs why dont they slide those 4 clubs up a level. Pekays senior would play NS 5ths and the game would be competitive. If NS reserves played premier div they would struggle against a few clubs so all grades get more even. you only have to get some teams for the seniors of those four clubs to play against. Albury is to far but Canberra maybe. that might actually be a higher level competition
    I do fear for Camden, I couldn't imagine registering each year knowing that you're going to lose a lot of games. If there's no belief in playing finals then what is the result?

For what it is worth, North Shore 5ths did play a clubs 1st team last year, they lost to them in grand final and failed to register a goal.

Checked the act comp and its worse there than in Sydney. 6 team comp (boring) and the bottom two teams have won 11 games between them in 4 years. How crap is that. Started that way again this year.
    Simple.
    4 clubs slide up there and 4 slide up in Sydney. Ressies play local 1’s, 3’s play local 2 etc.
    Fix two comps at once.
    If Tom Wills is right it wont really fix either one but it would buy the AFL time to do something with the struggling clubs
    Give me a job at the AFL!!

Checked the act comp and its worse there than in Sydney. 6 team comp (boring) and the bottom two teams have won 11 games between them in 4 years. How crap is that. Started that way again this year.
    Simple.
    4 clubs slide up there and 4 slide up in Sydney. Ressies play local 1’s, 3’s play local 2 etc.
    Fix two comps at once.
    If Tom Wills is right it wont really fix either one but it would buy the AFL time to do something with the struggling clubs
    Give me a job at the AFL!!
    This was my understanding of how a potential "state league" comp would work. ressies would suffer for a bit, but with the current trajectory of these successful clubs they should be able to match with Syd Prems eventually

Simple.
    Fix two comps at once.
    We could call it NEAFL Eastern Conference 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    Right were those 8 teams the neafl?

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    Right were those 8 teams the neafl?

Lots posts for newbie mechanic, bit more insider trading from the posts!
    You do realise ex afl employees are exempt from posting Henry!

4 sydney. 5 canberra.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast