Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: General Swans news

Heard from a reliable source Buddy & Jacinta staying in Melbourne for another 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Heard from a reliable source Buddy & Jacinta staying in Melbourne for another 2 months.
    It’d be good for them (unless they get covid) but a bit of time away together. We all need that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    From Instagram, Barry O’Connor back home in Ireland (much to the delighted surprise of his family)
    Good to be with loved ones after such a long time away.

and Will Hayward with arm in a sling so presumably has had surgery.

Off season certainly underway .....
    Likely to be many more if every sporting team in Australia is to go by. That time of the year that surgeons and physios get busy

From Instagram photo - Isacc Heeney with right hand splintered and heavily bandaged up his arm. Looks as if he has had more surgery following that ‘unfortunate’ incident in match v Essendon in April.

Hope this is a final fix.

Senior Player
    From Instagram photo - Isacc Heeney with right hand splintered and heavily bandaged up his arm. Looks as if he has had more surgery following that ‘unfortunate’ incident in match v Essendon in April.

Hope this is a final fix.
    Hi Meg, if you're referring to the picture with his girlfriend where they are both holding a piglet, I wonder whether it may be an old shot (as part of a sideshow of happy moments to celebrate her birthday?). She posted a picture of him in half a Brownlow tux, which he reposted as a story tonight, which shows his hand unencumbered.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Hi Meg, if you're referring to the picture with his girlfriend where they are both holding a piglet, I wonder whether it may be an old shot (as part of a sideshow of happy moments to celebrate her birthday?). She posted a picture of him in half a Brownlow tux, which he reposted as a story tonight, which shows his hand unencumbered.
    Ah yes, you might be right. I did wonder how they got to Newcastle during lockdown ...

Hope then his hand is .

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    Sandridge, if you are interested I reviewed this book for The Roar a number of years ago. I won't post the link, I feel I'm jinxed in that area, but if you wanted to do a search, go with: book review crezza from afl glory to prison and the long road to redemption the roar

Not the briefest of reviews though. I thought this book was a great read. Much better than what you usually get from a sports bio / autobio.
    A big thank you to you, snajik, and goswannies. On your recommendations, I ordered the book about Daryn Cresswell. It took a while to arrive but I eventually received it and finished reading it last night. Not your usual "football life" story concentrating on statistics and results. In fact, when his Swans days are over, you're only half way through the book. It's a fascinating and brutally honest story about Cressa's issues after the Swans and I would recommend it to any Swans lover. Cressa is one of my all time favourite Swans and I've supported the club since 1961. His honesty in writing about his life, his problems and his mistakes just make me admire him even more.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910