Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: General Swans news

From Instagram posts - Jesinta Franklin + two and Ana Calle + two have landed in Brisbane to go into 14 days quarantine before joining Buddy & Josh respectively.

Hard for both with little children but particularly for Jesinta travelling with two babies under 18 months old ...

So I really really hope the Swans don’t get dispatched at short notice to a Perth hub!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    From Instagram posts - Jesinta Franklin + two and Ana Calle + two have landed in Brisbane to go into 14 days quarantine before joining Buddy & Josh respectively.

Hard for both with little children but particularly for Jesinta travelling with two babies under 18 months old ...

So I really really hope the Swans don’t get dispatched at short notice to a Perth hub!
    Very difficult for both; I hope some support is available. Surely the only thing that will result in them leaving Brisbane is a covid outbreak there.

Veteran Site Admin
    Hope they aren't passing food from balcony (or verandah) to balcony (verandah).

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    So other than Bud and Joey, who are the Swans players with kids?

Sam Reid and Hickey are the two others that come to mind. Anyone else?
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post

Hewett

I just heard an interview with Callum Mills where he said that he is now isolating with the other three Swans players in a house at Broadbeach rather than in a hotel room. One hopes that the partners might also have that same luxury.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post

The Hickey's have a toddler plus Mrs Hickey is pregnant with twins.

As Longmire has been keen to remind the media, it's not just the players but also staff who are separated from families.

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post

As Longmire has been keen to remind the media, it's not just the players but also staff who are separated from families.
    Hopefully she is not due around finals?

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post

Indeed. His insights in the Whateley interview were interesting. For example, in his own case, it would be harder to fly the family in given one of his kids is doing year 12.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

General Swans news

Chloe Hickey and Kim Reid plus their toddlers now in Brisbane in quarantine. Kim Reid is due to give birth in August (so within weeks) so perhaps she is planning to have baby there? Don’t know when Hickey babies are due.

Partners of Luke Parker and Jordan Dawson also there.

So clearly Swans not expecting to come home any time soon. Which on today’s concerning Covid figures for Sydney unfortunately seems correct.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Chloe Hickey and Kim Reid plus their toddlers now in Brisbane in quarantine. Kim Reid is due to give birth in August (so within weeks) so perhaps she is planning to have baby there? Don’t know when Hickey babies are due.

Partners of Luke Parker and Jordan Dawson also there.

So clearly Swans not expecting to come home any time soon. Which on today’s concerning Covid figures for Sydney unfortunately seems correct.
    Thanks Meg. Again, touching images. Really cheering for these women. It's great that they seem to be able to spend time with each other in Brisbane.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Thanks Meg. Again, touching images. Really cheering for these women. It's great that they seem to be able to spend time with each other in Brisbane.
    The partners of the players seem to form close & supportive friendships (I’m sure the same applies at other clubs).

Kim Reid had an Instagram ‘story’ with photos of Kate (Luke Parker’s partner) and Milly (Jordan Dawson’s partner) at different times cuddling her little boy on the flight up. Plus photos of her and Chloe Hickey’s little boys playing in the airport lounge.

So once they get through the 14-day hotel quarantine they should make good company for each other. With lots of ‘on-tap’ baby sitting services!

Impressive care & consideration by the Swans (and I assume the AFL). It’s going to be another black-hole budget year though....

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast