Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: General Swans news

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    That racist scum Tex walker has gone and got the Crows in another scandal right when we need them to get up over Port , slim chance it would've happened anyway
    Wasn't it Walker that thought it was okay to lean against the goal post during a AFLW game at Adelaide Oval?

Let me guess, he's "devastated" and everyone in Adelaide needs to get around him and support him at this difficult time....

And can we keep in mind that this total loser used to be captain of Adelaide?
    Last edited by KTigers; 6th August 2021 at 05:44 PM.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Wasn't it Walker that thought it was okay to lean against the goal post during a AFLW game at Adelaide Oval?

Let me guess, he's "devastated" and everyone in Adelaide needs to get around him and support him at this difficult time....

Surprised that Walker is involved in this sort of stuff. Seems popular at Adelaide with the playing group, including the indigenous players.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Surprised that Walker is involved in this sort of stuff. Seems popular at Adelaide with the playing group, including the indigenous players.
    Not having a go at you, but what does popular with the playing group and Indigenous players have to do with anything?

All that says is that he hasn’t done it within earshot before.

Lots of seemingly good or ok people have hidden biases and prejudices, or simply make very poor decisions now and then, eg when stressed, tired, or after a few drinks.

Suspended by the MRP

He is a certified ratbag !

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Career stats (all shots at goal)
    Parker 175.116 (60.1%)
    Heeney 140.91 (60.6%)
    Hayward 95.57 (62.5%)
    I think I'd go with Parker too if it was after the siren in the GF. Nerveless, as we saw last weekend. My favourite moment of the game was
    when he marked that pass from Hewett and clenched his fist as he brought the ball down. He knew how important it was at that
    point in the game and there was no way he was going to miss.
    Buddy by this metric is at 58% and that doesn't include shots that miss everything. So it's a good thing he gets so many shots.
    Ditto Tom Papley at 57%

Dawson sits at 64% and George Hewett, who I regard as a nerveless set shot is at 65%
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Buddy by this metric is at 58% and that doesn't include shots that miss everything. So it's a good thing he gets so many shots.
    Ditto Tom Papley at 57%

Dawson sits at 64% and George Hewett, who I regard as a nerveless set shot is at 65%
    Buddy’s 58% includes a lot of attempts from outside 50m that others wouldn’t even try. His scoring potential from long range changes the way the opponents defend.

It would be interesting to know the % from 45 40 meters out for that after the final set shot, AND the % for the after siren set shot from outside 50.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Buddy’s 58% includes a lot of attempts from outside 50m that others wouldn’t even try. His scoring potential from long range changes the way the opponents defend.

It would be interesting to know the % from 45 40 meters out for that after the final set shot, AND the % for the after siren set shot from outside 50.
    Yeah, I'm thinking the last category will be a very small sample size. A large percentage of Buds and Papleys kicks are actually shots at
    goal so their percentages are going to be lower. They both try things that others don't. I'm sure we'll all be happy with them kicking 4.4
    with a couple out of bounds any time they do that.

Veterans List
    I wouldn't want Buddy to kick after the siren. This year he seems rattled by the umpire explanation about moving off the mark and he misses by a long way. It happened again last week against Essendon. Although to be fair I think he is treated more harshly than other players having a shot at goal and he gets called play on when it is his natural arc.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Ditto Tom Papley at 57%

George was particularly good early in his career.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

I don't know if anyone else is into it, but The Bloods podcast is great. I just finished listening to the third episode. Man, those were some dark years and I'm still coming to terms with our history!

It makes me grateful for the successful patch we have now. I didn't know that Carey and Horse could have / should have come to the Swans. Not a fan of North or the Blues for trying to take advantage of our dire situation.

Anyway, I'm going to focus on us. Long may the red and white prosper.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    I don't know if anyone else is into it, but The Bloods podcast is great. I just finished listening to the third episode. Man, those were some dark years and I'm still coming to terms with our history!

It makes me grateful for the successful patch we have now. I didn't know that Carey and Horse could have / should have come to the Swans. Not a fan of North or the Blues for trying to take advantage of our dire situation.

Yeah, I think we made a total of $70,000 out of that deal.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    Delighted to hear people taking an interest in recent history. I have also listened and enjoyed, but think they underdid the Longmire/Carey story a bit. Greg Harris describes his frustation as at the sale of Longmire and Carey in 1987.

What wasn't mentioned was that Greg Miller (former Swans player, son of a former Swans player and the Swans recruiting officer from 1980-84) had identified Carey at a schools carnival. In 1987 he ran across former colleague Ron Thomas (then Swans GM) at VFL House and convinced him to sell the pair to North (where he'd been apointed as CEO) there and then. As noted by Agent 86, North paid $60k for Horse and $10k for Carey. Longmire was better known as he was playing closer to Melbourne, Carey had joined his odius bother Dick at North Adelaide.

As to the Carlton "offer" to play in Sydney. I personally think there's a very strong case that Alan McAlister did far greater, and certainly longer lasting, good for the Swans and AFL in Sydney than Geoffrey Edelsten.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast