Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: General Swans news

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    I'd rather watch a replay of the 2016 GF than listen to Radiohead.
    Man, that is harsh. A big call.

So for those interested in expanding their library of Swans related tomes, the Barry Hall book is called "Pulling No Punches". It is "written"
    with Michael Cowley. It was published in 2011 by Pier 9, an imprint of Murdoch Books. Murdoch Books is part of Allen & Unwin these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    So the Swans families and partners (“stranded loved ones”) will FINALLY be reunited with the players this Thursday.
    And when will the less loved family members, the Black Sheep of the family, be reunited with the players? Will some of the ratbags be left to rot in Queensland?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    I've ordered a copy of Brandon Jack's book and will have to listen to his interview when I get a chance.
    For those of you interested in buying a copy (not electronic), here are a few sources (+ postage cost)
    BigW $19 + $3.90
    thenile.com.au $21.59 +$6.99
    Dymocks $29.99
    the Book Depositary $30.31 + $0
    Booktopia $22.50 + $7.95*
    eBay $28.22 + $8.95

*While stocks last, Booktopia are offering signed copies

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    For those of you interested in buying a copy (not electronic), here are a few sources (+ postage cost)
    BigW $19 + $3.90
    Dymocks $29.99
    eBay $28.22 + $8.95

Everyone needs to buy a copy and we can get Brandon onto the best seller list ok.

ESPN did an analysis of Champion data about kicking stats to figure out who were the best kicks from each club: AFL 2021 Your club's best kickers - short, long, under pressure and in front of goal (espn.com).

They found this for our club:

Sydney

Most kicks: Jake Lloyd (323)
    Best short kick: Robbie Fox (+13.8%)
    Best long kick: Tom Papley (+10.4%)
    Best kick under pressure: Lance Franklin (+29.8%)
    Best kick for goal: Justin McInerney (+30.7%)
    Best overall kicking efficiency: Lance Franklin (+12%)

Unsurprisingly, Franklin is the best rated kick at the Swans, but he doesn't hold top billing at the club in front of the big sticks. That belongs to impressive youngster McInerney. Running defender Lloyd once again leads the way for total kicks at the club, assisted by him taking the majority of kicks-outs.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    ESPN did an analysis of Champion data about kicking stats to figure out who were the best kicks from each club: AFL 2021 Your club's best kickers - short, long, under pressure and in front of goal (espn.com).

Sydney

Unsurprisingly, Franklin is the best rated kick at the Swans, but he doesn't hold top billing at the club in front of the big sticks. That belongs to impressive youngster McInerney. Running defender Lloyd once again leads the way for total kicks at the club, assisted by him taking the majority of kicks-outs.
    A little surprising that Gulden and Dawson didn't get a mention, they never seem to miss a target

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    BigW $19 + $3.90
    Dymocks $29.99
    eBay $28.22 + $8.95

Gutted that his band has played one gig since I was aware of him as a musician and I missed it. I hope he plays music as well as he writes.

Suspended by the MRP
    That racist scum Tex walker has gone and got the Crows in another scandal right when we need them to get up over Port , slim chance it would've happened anyway

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post

Sydney

On goal kicking, would love to see the distinction between on the run (which McInerney is excellent at)/snaps and set shots.

If the siren goes on GF day, and a bloke has a set shot from 40m, on a 45 degree angle, who would you want?

My pick is Parker. (Or, if he can handle the moment, Hayward).
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Senior Player
    Career stats (all shots at goal)
    Parker 175.116 (60.1%)
    Heeney 140.91 (60.6%)
    Hayward 95.57 (62.5%)
    I think I'd go with Parker too if it was after the siren in the GF. Nerveless, as we saw last weekend. My favourite moment of the game was
    when he marked that pass from Hewett and clenched his fist as he brought the ball down. He knew how important it was at that
    point in the game and there was no way he was going to miss.
    Last edited by KTigers; 6th August 2021 at 03:23 PM.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I'm mildly surprised Jordan Dawson hasn't got a guernsey here - a fine kick in play.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    On goal kicking, would love to see the distinction between on the run (which McInerney is excellent at)/snaps and set shots.

If the siren goes on GF day, and a bloke has a set shot from 40m, on a 45 degree angle, who would you want?

My pick is Parker. (Or, if he can handle the moment, Hayward).
    Florent

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast