Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we now a genuine Premiership threat?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    No
    Very nuanced and optimistic post as always heh.. I don't know if you meant for this to be comical or not TB, but i had a good chuckle at this

Only because i agree, I don't see us threatening for the premiership this year BUT... I think that could be a good thing .. leave some hunger burning in the gut for the squad next year!! Just making FINALS will make me very happy! And we are oh so close!

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonsteinman View Post
    Can we make a new thread with a title such as “Rowbottom and what TB thinks and how others feel about that”?
    Careful... Then every new thread would get merged into it, resulting in one singular super thread which would, i think, have far reaching consequences and should only be considered as a last resort. It could very well start an irreversible, eternally imploding, digital brain fart.

TB is mellowing, and so we’re all grateful. He has an opinion on Rowey’s best position and he is fully entitled to that. Time will tell! So happy to hear your views on all our other players TB-apart from the Chad, of course- as I for one value your assessments.

As for the flag- what we have shown is that we can mix it with any team on a given day when we are all firing. But it is lot to expect from a young team to be consistent in intensity and execution. I think we still have a weakness in defence and the need for a tall marking forward- hopefully Amartey and Logan can fulfill this role soon, I’ll be very happy to make the finals this year and then really be in for the flag in 22.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonBible View Post
    Very nuanced and optimistic post as always heh.. I don't know if you meant for this to be comical or not TB, but i had a good chuckle at this
    I would like to expand on this, and say "probably not".

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I would like to expand on this, and say "probably not".
    You're channelling The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy when it expanded its entry on Earth from 'Harmless' to 'Mostly harmless'.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Warming the Bench
    Bump

Suspended by the MRP
    No

Warming the Bench
    No
    😂😂😂

The top 6 looks done, then we have a big scramble for the last 2 finals spots.

We may have to win all our remaining games to get a top 4 spot, but think we will be favourites in all the games.

No
    Forever the optimist

Though I do agree, even after another great performance today.

We should finish 6th at worst from here however, which would be a great outcome. Though with the way things are headed in Sydney, even then a home final may not be guaranteed.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Forever the optimist

Though I do agree, even after another great performance today.

We should finish 6th at worst from here however, which would be a great outcome. Though with the way things are headed in Sydney, even then a home final may not be guaranteed.

It is laughable and i hope the team does not have confidence they will win the premiership . They need to keep the hunger

Confidence kills hunger and becomes complacency

look at our team and i think Chad is an upgrade on Bell and Reid an upgrade on Amartey and i reckon thats our best 22 out there . If we time it perfect we could have them all in the team at the right time - rd 23 going into finals

FIngers crossed

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Belief is not the same as confidence

We can win the flag this year. A long shot. But we’re a threat