Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who are your favourite players from other clubs?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I like how you listed Bob Murphy twice! He was an easy to like player from another club. National Living Treasure type.

Would you consider Jarrod Brander instead of Oscar Allen? He'd be a lot more gettable (since he's not getting a game and not about to), cost less and comes from NSW border zone (Mildura) whereas Allen is Perth born and raised. Brander, Aaron Francis and Harrison Petty are three players I've been wondering whether we might target by way of trade to fill our need for an extra KPP.
    I think Bob might have snuck in 3 times😜 No to Brander...I dream of fabulousness...this is a happy place thread. Would also give my (little) finger for Harry McKay or De Koning from Carlton

Senior Player
    Some great suggestions. It's interesting how some players just come across as more likeable than others, even though most of us only get our impressions of them from TV.

Every Grand Final our family plays a game where we rank the winning team based on how well they interact with the Auskick kids at the medal ceremony. To score full points you must bend down and receive your medal, shake hands with good eye contact and most importantly - put the cap on the kid's head properly! Bonus points if you have a few kind words for the kids.

I guess it may be biased towards older players who are fathers but I have to say, Jack Riewoldt always scores very highly.

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Some great suggestions. It's interesting how some players just come across as more likeable than others, even though most of us only get our impressions of them from TV.

Every Grand Final our family plays a game where we rank the winning team based on how well they interact with the Auskick kids at the medal ceremony. To score full points you must bend down and receive your medal, shake hands with good eye contact and most importantly - put the cap on the kid's head properly! Bonus points if you have a few kind words for the kids.

I guess it may be biased towards older players who are fathers but I have to say, Jack Riewoldt always scores very highly.
    Jack Riewoldt and Joel Selwood also did a good job of acknowledging the kid with a disability who tossed the coin on Friday night. They are not among my favourites - but they would be if they played for us! I admire them both.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Willie Rioli - because to be on suspension for drug offences and then take weed through an airport - shows serious commitment to the cause of pot smoking!
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post

Would be interested in your scores for the 2006 Eagles. They were awful!!

Of course, the match result might have affected my opinion.
    Last edited by Sandridge; 11th May 2021 at 12:26 PM.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Willie Rioli - because to be on suspension for drug offences and then take weed through an airport - shows serious commitment to the cause of pot smoking!
    Silly Willy to say the least.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Would be interested in your scores for the 2006 Eagles. They were awful!!

Of course, the match result might have affected my opinion.
    They were not thinking 'in the moment', their minds were already on all the drugs they were about to consume in celebration later on.

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    You have to feel sorry for Willie. How was he to know cannabis was illegal in NT, when it's legal everywhere else in Australia?

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    You have to feel sorry for Willie. How was he to know cannabis was illegal in NT, when it's legal everywhere else in Australia?
    Pot is banned in the NT? Not based on my visits to Mitchell St . . .
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Jack Riewoldt and Joel Selwood also did a good job of acknowledging the kid with a disability who tossed the coin on Friday night. They are not among my favourites - but they would be if they played for us! I admire them both.
    Yeah, agreed. Was endeared to Jack's karaoke bit and Selwood has always struck me with his apparent decency when the white line fever subsides.

I'm glad I remembered Gawn! Having a night out.

Love Kosi Pickett, Aaron Naughton would loooove to have Naughton up front. And, left field, I have a bit of a man crush in Jed Bews…so much faster and more agile than he looks…so much muscle and just when you think he’s merely a journeyman he does some some dancing!

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Considering Caleb Daniel. Very handy when the ball is at or under ground level. Can sneak into opposition qtr time huddles without being noticed. Can disguise himself as a football.
    He is probably the most accurate field kick at present. Sometimes you can’t see who kicked the ball as its gathered by a player up field, then you get your binoculars out and sure enough, you spot him.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast