Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Round 8: the other games. The battle for the spoon.

Veterans List
    Dogs charging back into the contest....not really watching closely at all, I wonder if the umps are stamping their 'fairypup' foot on the game?

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Definitely mustard on turd. And the last four places are currently Essendon, Collingwood, Hawthorn and North.
    How glorious is that bottom four? Now Adelaide just needs to leapfrog the Blues and that would be a fantastic bottom five.

Veterans List
    I thought Carlton looked good until they ran out of legs. It won't be an easy game when we play them.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    The look on Harry McKay’s face are the final siren was one of: what am I doing here with this bunch of no hopers?

For the sake of the argument, we had to give up 2x1st rounds and give him $800000 a year for five years.

Would you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    How glorious is that bottom four? Now Adelaide just needs to leapfrog the Blues and that would be a fantastic bottom five.
    Yes, go the Crows.
    Although, sometimes I almost feel sorry for North fans, after their 16 losses in a row. But then I remember, that along with Hawthorn and West Coast fans, they were the worst offenders in the Goodes saga.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    The look on Harry McKay’s face are the final siren was one of: what am I doing here with this bunch of no hopers?

For the sake of the argument, we had to give up 2x1st rounds and give him $800000 a year for five years.

Would you do it?
    Well, I'd be more tempted than I was for Daniher. But unless the Melbourne media spotlight starts to drive him crazy, I doubt if we'll be anywhere near the head of the queue.

On club colours, why is green basically unseen in the AFL? Are there other Aussie rules teams that have some green? Am I imagining it or did Freo used to feature a snippet of green trim somewhere? It's not like green has unfortunate associations like with brown. And nor is it a less mainstream colour, like pink or purple or orange (two of which colours are used by late entrants to the AFL). Anyone know? Or have any theories?
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

grass.

green players, on green grass = invisible

Round 8: the other games. The battle for the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    On club colours, why is green basically unseen in the AFL? Are there other Aussie rules teams that have some green? Am I imagining it or did Freo used to feature a snippet of green trim somewhere? It's not like green has unfortunate associations like with brown. And nor is it a less mainstream colour, like pink or purple or orange (two of which colours are used by late entrants to the AFL). Anyone know? Or have any theories?
    I have also pondered the lack of green, particularly given the number of teams sporting blue.

Woodville in the SANFL (Malcolm Blight’s home team) wore green and gold until their amalgamation with West Torrens in 1990. The club colours for the new Woodville-West Torrens then incorporated green into the blue and gold of West Torrens. I think their current jumper still carries these three colours.

I reckon the Bottle Green, Yellow and Red colour combination of the Tasmanian state colours look terrific. I always admire the colours worn by Tasmanian state cricketers. The addition of the red makes the otherwise ugly green and gold work (in my view). Something that our Olympic teams battle with (as shown by the wildly different greens they come up with).

I reckon when/if we get a Tasmanian AFL team that’s the colour combination we will see.

Thanks for your response, Meg. I reckon green and white is another perfectly viable combo. In other codes green gets used: in NRL the Raiders wear green, in rugby Randwick has long worn green. Ireland wear green in many sports.

I think your tip for the Tassie team is astute.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

No coincidence that Port are pushing the prison bar jumper at a time when Collingwood is at it politically weakest.

Smart.

Veterans List
    I see Richmond pair Daniel Rioli and Shai Bolton have been involved in a nightclub altercation after Rioli's girlfriend was subjected to inappropriate behaviour from another patron. Rioli ended up with an injury under his eye which required a couple of stitches and Bolton got a fractured wrist requiring surgery and will be out for around three weeks.

It's really unfortunate that there are (possibly/probably racist) dickheads out there that hassle footy players and their girlfriends who are just minding their own business and trying to enjoy their lives.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I have also pondered the lack of green, particularly given the number of teams sporting blue.

Woodville in the SANFL (Malcolm Blight’s home team) wore green and gold until their amalgamation with West Torrens in 1990. The club colours for the new Woodville-West Torrens then incorporated green into the blue and gold of West Torrens. I think their current jumper still carries these three colours.

I reckon the Bottle Green, Yellow and Red colour combination of the Tasmanian state colours look terrific. I always admire the colours worn by Tasmanian state cricketers. The addition of the red makes the otherwise ugly green and gold work (in my view). Something that our Olympic teams battle with (as shown by the wildly different greens they come up with).

I reckon when/if we get a Tasmanian AFL team that’s the colour combination we will see.
    The colour of apples for an apple isle team. That combination is also synonymous with reggae.
    Freo originally used green. We can throw Celtic from the SPL into the mix along with Boston Celtics with their green and white strips. My favourite would be Minnesota Wild's green and red in the NHL, and I note no-one has mentioned the South Sydney Rabbitohs.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast