Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Swans v Demons.

I thought we were very good against a very good side who are very well drilled. The Mills goal was the only way things were going to work for us with lever and May in defence. We just needed some run and some composure in the middle.
    This performance will hold us in good stead. I reckon Longmire knew how to beat Melbourne but in the end we were not good enough.
    Thought the three players who will be under pressure - Sinclair, wicks and oriordan.
    Fox was amazing for first game back. Cunningham was amazing too. The opposition are putting pressure on Dawson and taking his time away.

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Hard to believe but we actually won the free kick count 17-15
    Suprising but not. Its all the calls that aren't given or just compeltely at random (5 let go then no 6 given) that drive me nuts. And I'm certain some players get completely different treatment to others out there too.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I think we played really well. One positive is that we are playing the MCG really well too. That will be handy in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Buddy starting to look his age. I hope he just needs a couple of games to get his mojo back.
    Nah. May is probably the AA fullback and always plays Bud well.

I'm not sure, but that last McDonald mark that he kicked for the last goal, looked like he didn't have control of the ball. It was bobbling around and may have hit the ground before he took control. It was hard to get a clear look at it, but I thought that mark was suspicious. There were a few marks that we took that were better than that one that were not called.

I thought Buddy was way off today. Didn't look right at all. Shouldn't have played.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    When you think where we are at in our development cycle compared to a team like Melbourne, I think we stack up well. We've beaten Brisbane, Geelong, Richmond and pushed Melbourne right to the line thus far this season. Had someone told me that before a ball was bounced in Rd 1 I would of said you were having a laugh.
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Great effort by the lads tonight, they can hold their heads up high. Melbourne are a seriously well drilled team at the moment and we were right in it to the end.....but do we start calling Melbourne the "Deepups" any time soon??
    Yes, Melbourne look like a team that's had a good run with injuries and so they've developed plenty of cohesion. Plus plenty of confidence through winning.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisi View Post
    I think we played really well. One positive is that we are playing the MCG really well too. That will be handy in the future.
    Yes....after the Richmond game, I thought our game style screamed MCG. Handy indeed.

That was about what I expected. A fit Sam Reid would have made a difference. I reckon we still need another tall defender to free up Rampe a bit more. Melbourne being able to take a couple of contested marks up forward was probably the difference. The umpiring was inconsistent but I didn't think there was a deliberate bias at any stage.

Senior Player
    We finished on the right side of the ledger in most of the statistical categories, had one more scoring shot and had four of the top five players in the Fantasy points category yet according to the Fox Footy crew the Swans were lucky to get as close as they did. 🤔

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    He's sooooo Victorian it's painful......and I'm Victorian.
    He's just a terrible commentator full stop. I've said it before I don't know how channel 7 employed him.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    That was about what I expected. A fit Sam Reid would have made a difference. I reckon we still need another tall defender to free up Rampe a bit more. Melbourne being able to take a couple of contested marks up forward was probably the difference. The umpiring was inconsistent but I didn't think there was a deliberate bias at any stage.
    Umpiring is just crap in general I think!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."