Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Swans v Demons.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    He played better than Chad last night....not that Chad played bad, he just didn't play as well as RB....sore ribs and all. Credit where it's due TB instead of this stubborn and relentless doubling down on your stupidity on RB. I don't ever expect you to back down, it doesn't seem to be in your nature but some maturity on the subject would be refreshing.
    Sorry what does Chad have to do with it ? My comment was about a dog act on Rowbottom

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    I’m sorry, I don’t like it when umpires continually make bad decisions.

This happened didn’t it??

As you say umpires are humans - last time I looked so are players.

But to appease you we should trade Papley - yeah rightio.
    Papley’s behaviour towards umpires has to improve. Last year he was fined $500 for staging. Last night he abused an umpire and gave a 50m penalty away.

I know most people on here are huge Papley supporters and probably blame the umpires for Papley’s behaviour.

I think in fact it’s become “Swanism” to blame umpires and AFL house if things are not working out.

Hands down the most annoying poster on here with your smug holier than thou attitudes...So glad to have Papley in our team with his spirit and personality ...he doesn’t need watering down ...on the other hand maybe you do ...
    You annoy me everytime you post

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Sorry what does Chad have to do with it ? My comment was about a dog act on Rowbottom
    I think you know exactly what I mean.....you're a Chad fan boy as we all are so I thought I'd point out something you may not be aware of due to you're prejudice.....and I just don't think it's wise or kind to start any sentence with "I don't think much of him as a player" when writing about a Swan with copious talent and determination and everything that embodies 'The Bloods' ethos. Fair enough?
    Last edited by stevoswan; 9th May 2021 at 06:37 PM.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post

I think in fact it’s become “Swanism” to blame umpires and AFL house if things are not working out.
    Seriously pathetic comment. Just know that if you keep defending the umpires and the AFL, it's a battle you will lose.....because in regard to the Swans, your argument is in reality, deluded.

Papley’s behaviour towards umpires has to improve. Last year he was fined $500 for staging. Last night he abused an umpire and gave a 50m penalty away.

I know most people on here are huge Papley supporters and probably blame the umpires for Papley’s behaviour.

The fact is Papley isn’t a dirty player, yep he has lost his cool a few times just like 75% of other players in the competition - just because he doesn’t live up to your lofty standards is not a reason to trade him.
    Last edited by Wardy; 9th May 2021 at 06:47 PM.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by joeykanga View Post
    Hands down the most annoying poster on here with your smug holier than thou attitudes...So glad to have Papley in our team with his spirit and personality ...he doesn’t need watering down ...on the other hand maybe you do ...
    You annoy me everytime you post
    Appreciate your feedback. For the record I think Papley is an excellent footballer who plays with great effort and intensity.

I just have a gripe with footballers who get on the wrong side of officials. I really liked Zak Jones but then he started giving away silly reverse free kicks and got on the wrong side of officials.

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries

Do you know what he actually said? Rumour has it he said " You must be Joking" If this is the case I would heap the blame on the umpire for being too precious.

Suspended by the MRP
    I think you know exactly what I mean.....you're a Chad fan boy as we all are so I thought I'd point out something you may not be aware of due to you're prejudice.....and I just don't think it's wise or kind to start any sentence with "I don't think much of him as a player" when writing about a Swan with copious talent and determination and everything that embodies 'The Bloods' ethos. Fair enough?
    You might not think its wise but its my opinion. & one i think is being proven. The talent gulf between someone like Chad and him is clear. But i will indulge you .. what copious talent does he have ? I think you might be right that he has determination. ive even said he would make a good tagger. Strong tackler. I would maybe move him to HBF instead of o'riordan to play a defensive role. I reckon he'd carve a fine career in the red&white in that position. I know you will think im hating on him - im not i just dont see the midfield talent in him. In fact i would like to see him succeed and tihnk his best chances of doing so are in a defensive role where he can be accountable for an opponent without having to win as much of the ball or do much with it. Other than that im not sure what he offers in the midfield.

Veterans List
    Appreciate your feedback. For the record I think Papley is an excellent footballer who plays with great effort and intensity.

I just have a gripe with footballers who get on the wrong side of officials. I really liked Zak Jones but then he started giving away silly reverse free kicks and got on the wrong side of officials.
    If you have umpired a game at senior level you will understand that every player mouths off at the Umps. AFL, VFL, Amateurs and suburban footy. No decision is correct, whingeing about everything and anything that comes into their minds and any goal/point decision is wrong. Yep, players are so good at being right that they can be 30 metres out from goal and call a close goal/point decision when kicked from an acute angle at goal post height. Haven't you noticed that when a defender or forward gets out marked that they stretch their jumper to say they were held. So it's folly to single a player out for his antics.

Possibly due to Melbourne's disciplined defensive set up? We don't always have a choice. The same applies to all those complaining about us 'bombing it in'.....we don't always have a choice. Sometimes the opposition has a say in this.
    Completely agree that we don’t always have a choice and sometimes the players decide to take territory. I think bombing it in is fine but we just need to prevent intercept marks and easy exits. Unfortunately we missed Sam Reid and Heeney in that role of extra marking target.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanSand View Post
    Completely agree that we don’t always have a choice and sometimes the players decide to take territory. I think bombing it in is fine but we just need to prevent intercept marks and easy exits. Unfortunately we missed Sam Reid and Heeney in that role of extra marking target.
    As I said last night, Melbourne defence set up across our 30 metre zone, so you could see our players looking for someone to run to space but there was no space. In the end they had no option but to bomb it long. When we did manage to get the ball in quickly we looked dangerous. Something we need to correct.