Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 9 vs Collingwood.

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    There is one change i would like to see;

Bring in the Port Adelaide Prison Bar jumper; would love to see Eddie exploded again, it such fun!

But seriously, we need stop using Sinclair, Almaty is the player we use if we need another ruck/forward.

Sinclair, love him, but he is the past, so we need to use the younger players, see if they have anything at the AFL level.

Also our backline was bad against Melbourne; McCartin does not have the speed to go with the quick forwards.

Why did every defender go for a mark and leave no one for the crumbs; COR was a chief offender here.

The aimless hack kick out of defense to anywhere but here, guarantee to come straight back in.

Fox made some bad skill errors, not sure if he is AFL standard, but I guess we will see in the next few weeks.

We will not compete with the top teams unless somehow we can improved our backline's skills and composure.

Here is hoping we totally thrashes the Pies on a Saturday sunny day.
    doof-doof

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    ...Fox made some bad skill errors, not sure if he is AFL standard, but I guess we will see in the next few weeks ...
    He seemed up to it last year, maybe he just needs a couple of games to get back into it?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Not sure why there are so many pics of Huge Hand Heeney there? Are they meant to encourage us or prepare us when he doesn’t get up to play?
    A hand that swollen 4 weeks post surgery would be a concern for anyone, let alone an elite AFL player. I would be looking out for a potential infection although the overlying skin looks ok.

I hope it's just the camera angle but that does not look normal and if it's really that swollen, he shouldn't even be training let alone playing.

I don't think Heeney's hand looks swollen. It's taped tightly around the wrist,which may make it look swollen.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    In the absence of Howe, Moore's their best intercept marker. So I'd think they'd be pretty keen to ensure he stays a part of the action. So if Buddy heads heads towards the goal square I suspect More will hand him over to someone else and stay put.

We may even make that happen, play Buddy closer to goal and ask Sinkers to repeat his nullification efforts, this time on Moore.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

The Pies will be up for this game. Bucks will have his troops primed and they will play a similar hard at it, contested style that GWS and GC implemented on us. They will clog up the corridor andtry to force us down the flanks with the long bomb into F50, to be cut off by Moore and Grundy, then hurt us on the quick rebound.

If our skills are off, we could have our pants pulled down again.

They're likely to bring in Madgen for Buddy, who's not a bad match up for him. I can't see them sending Moore to Buddy and giving up his intercepting.
    We'll need Hayward or McLean to really do a job well to nullify Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    They're likely to bring in Madgen for Buddy, who's not a bad match up for him. I can't see them sending Moore to Buddy and giving up his intercepting.
    Yes, probably Madgen or Mark Keane should play on Franklin, and neither seems much of match for the Franklin we used know. But he's going to have to be more animated than he was on Saturday if he's going to beat anyone.

The interregnum between Buddy and Logan is going to be difficult to navigate. We need Buddy and Reid to hang in there until our young key forwards are up to AFL level.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    Who the frack is Madgen when he's home !

I think some people are predicting Buddy's demise too quickly. Just a few rounds ago against Essendon and GW$ he looked crash hot.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    I think some people are predicting Buddy's demise too quickly. Just a few rounds ago against Essendon and GW$ he looked crash hot.
    Agree.....some seem to be wishing away his large contract. Newsflash.....it still exists no matter his form, which has not actually been too bad. He was just beaten by a player on top of his game on the weekend....in his first game back. Very premature to doubt the Bud, who will be better for the run.

He’s couldn’t kick it 50m and lost all confidence. Is his kicking going to come back?

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast