Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 9 vs Collingwood.

Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    Don't agree on Wicks, he had 27 pressure acts and six tackles. Watching his highlights on AFL stats pro the pressure acts caused numerous turnovers, ending in goals. He also held the ball inside 50 on many occasions enabling the mids to structure up. Also in the last quarter he really cracked in to try to win, and stuck it up Melbourne. That is really good for a young player.
    Very much agree with you about Wicks and have already said he's our best pressure forward without having your stats in hand. He was very good late in the game on Saturday. He made a deft handball over defenders that almost led to a goal, then nearly snapped one himself. His instincts are sharp and he's always a threat to kick a goal. Wicks deserves to be included along with Hickey and Warner as the real surprise packages of the season for us.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonBible View Post
    I feel as though i have entered the twilight zone!! I come in here and find suggestions like Hayward being dropped! Logan Mac returning! Rowbottom a defender! Gulden being dropped!
    I LOVE the diversity of opinions but sheesh!! Any of these moves would be a drastic over reaction to what was a pretty gallant loss!

/ Hayward dropped makes little sense because to me he appears to be getting better. Came back to senior level with a BANG then a few quieter games and last week got back on the scoreboard! Now is hardly the time to mess with that by dropping him!

/ I am a HUGE believer in Logan! But he needs form! He was demoted to the reserves and then played a quiet half and one decent game in the ECFL and then didnt play last week because of the COVID scare. Is that a solid enough body of work to work his way back into the best 22? Time will tell. Early gut feel says no!

/ I think it is just one poster suggesting Rowbottom shifted into a defensive role. Unsure if this is a response to my posting of his impressive defensive numbers last week ?? If so it is an overreaction. He could make a good defender, he has the right stuff. He has also been knocked down the pecking order a peg or two in the midfield, probably about 6th in the file now. But lets give him a chance to redeem before we totally reinvent him!!

/ Errol Gulden? Our best kick fwd? Dropped? I wont hear of it! An undisciplined performance from young Gulden against the demons. Some silly errors creeping into his game, but he is a smart and skilful young player. Like Rowbum, let us give him the chance to work through these woes. Fine development lesson. There are others who I would tap on the shoulder before him.
    Thus it ever is with the "changes" thread. The silliest thread on RWO every week.

Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    Don't agree on Wicks, he had 27 pressure acts and six tackles. Watching his highlights on AFL stats pro the pressure acts caused numerous turnovers, ending in goals. He also held the ball inside 50 on many occasions enabling the mids to structure up. Also in the last quarter he really cracked in to try to win, and stuck it up Melbourne. That is really good for a young player.
    Agree with your observations. I reckon Gulden may miss out instead of Wicks. Gulden is probably a slightly better kick into f50 than Wicks which is why I thought Wicks should miss out, but Gulden does not have the same presence in defensive act as Wicks. We have to shut down Isaac Quaynor and Noble in the back half.

They have a reasonably good defensive structure and personnel compared to their midfield and forward half. I am hoping that we would be too classy in the middle for them to trouble us. Fox on De Goey would work well as suggested by Ludwig.

Horse said is his presser yesterday that Rampe is a great matchup on anyone, and would be considered for de Goey.

Swans hopeful on Heeney return

"I think he's an ideal match-up on most [players]," Longmire said.

"I haven't found a match-up that Dane Rampe doesn't suit. He gets beaten, but it has been rarely and it has been not through lack of effort.

"He's one that's genuinely a good match-up on most players."

Veterans List
    I just read on the swans app that from Round 10 the team announcement will be back to Thursday night. Don't know why the change can't start from this round.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I just read on the swans app that from Round 10 the team announcement will be back to Thursday night. Don't know why the change can't start from this round.
    Not enough time to line up the advertisers.

Injury List Note: We have the shortest injury list in the comp.
    Last edited by Ludwig; 11th May 2021 at 09:20 PM.

Wow.. considering we lost last week, Swan supporters have rarely had this many options to choose from.

I think Hickey is our most important player right now and we have to support his 50% leg with another ruckman, so Sinkers is a lock. In the forward line we cannot have another tall with McLean, Franklin and Sinclair so we either drop McLean for McDonald, which I can't see happening after his results two weeks ago.. so no change there.

Again can't see us running all three of Heeney, Hayward and Papley - Wicks is a defensive forward and we need his pressure if fit - Henney in Round One I would have first any day but Heeney recently... no, not until your hand is fixed son. Again no change.

In defence, looking at the scores we seemed to do fine against a very good attacking team in Melbourne and our usual philosophy is not to change unless we have to.

So despite all the goodies to choose from, I'm picking NO CHANGE....

Just noticed Heeney’s right hand in photo 11 on the gallery. That hand is so swollen nearly 4 weeks after the injury. No wonder he played so poorly in the previous games. Not sure he will be tackling much with that hand.

Quote Originally Posted by SwanSand View Post
    Just noticed Heeney’s right hand in photo 11 on the gallery. That hand is so swollen nearly 4 weeks after the injury. No wonder he played so poorly in the previous games. Not sure he will be tackling much with that hand.
    Just looked as well , surely won’t be playing this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by gloveski View Post
    Just looked as well , surely won’t be playing this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Glovelessness is an improvement, no?

Outs:

Sinclair
    Wicks
    Gulden
    COR
    Fox

Ins

McDonald
    Heeney
    Hewitt
    Blakey
    Campbell

Team

B Dawson Rampe Cunningham
    HB Lloyd McCartin Campbell
    C J Mac Rowbottom Blakey
    HF Heeney Franklin Haywood
    F Papley McLean McDonald

Foll

Hickey
    Parker
    Mills

Interchange

Florent
    Kennedy
    Hewitt
    Warner

- Left footed run and carry option is back with Campbell Blakey
    - Gone for a shorter backline with greater mobility and better kicking out of defence.
    - If you need an extra mature body of half back then it’s either Mills, Heeney or Hewitt. Haywood played a bit off half back last year.

Abundant midfield rotation coming the from bench.

Not sure why there are so many pics of Huge Hand Heeney there? Are they meant to encourage us or prepare us when he doesn’t get up to play?

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast