Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 9 vs Collingwood.

Veterans List

Changes for Round 9 vs Collingwood.

Out: Hayward, Sinclair, Gulden or Wicks (rest)

In: Heeney (if fit, club 'hopeful'), McDonald, Campbell

I see Roughead and Murphy will be out for Collingwood due to concussion, after initially 'passing' the match day protocols (?!). Roughead out makes Logan's return more feasible. McLean will have to help out The Hick with Reid's continued unavailability.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 10th May 2021 at 06:48 PM.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Out: Hayward, Sinclair, Gulden or Wicks (rest)

In: Heeney (if fit, club 'hopeful'), McDonald, Campbell

I see Roughead and Murphy will be out for Collingwood due to concussion, after initially 'passing' the match day protocols (?!). Roughead out makes Logan's return more feasible. McLean will have to help out The Hick with Reid's continued unavailability.
    I think Wicks will go out. Seems he has gone back to his level of last year. Still he had 6 tackles, so his pressure might keep him in. Agree that McDonald and Campbell come back in. Where does that leave Blakey and Stephens? In hindsight Stephen's speed and penetrating kicks might have been valuable against Melbourne.

Suspended by the MRP
    Stephens Hewett Mcdonald in
    Hayward O'riordan Sinclair out

Cunningham Rampe Fox
    Lloyd Mccartin Dawson
    McInerney Warner Florent
    Gulden Franklin Mcdonald
    Papley Mclean Wicks

Hickey Parker Mills

Kennedy Hewett Stephens Rowbottom

Hewett replaces RB in midfield
    RB replaces O'riordan in defense
    Stephens added to wing rotation / Florent, Jmac rotating fwd instead of medium fwd in Hayward
    Mcdonald replaces Sinkers resting fwd
    Campbell didnt show much, let him learn at lower level

Howe also won’t be playing so I think McDonald has to come in .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    TB; I think putting Rowbottom back exacerbates our lack of height. I only see him as a midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    l
    Agree with your ins but not sure about putting RB in defence. Hopefully Heeney is fit and firing and can come instead of Hewett.

Let Blakey and Campbell master their craft in the ressies.

And Stephens shouldn't of been dropped in the first place! Missed him on the weekend

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Agree with your ins but not sure about putting RB in defence. Hopefully Heeney is fit and firing and can come instead of Hewett.

Let Blakey and Campbell master their craft in the ressies.

And Stephens shouldn't of been dropped in the first place! Missed him on the weekend
    Think RB would make a great defender once trained in that role. If Heeney is fit he comes in for Hayward agree

I haven't thought about player changes yet as I've been too busy working on this week's special jumper (only with Eddie's approval of course):

red-white-maritime-vertical-small-stripes-mix-match-with-simplicity-of-life-all-over-graphic-tee.jpg

Slogan for the week

We've been to prison too, but only to visit our Collingwood mates

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post

Cunningham Rampe Fox
    Lloyd Mccartin Dawson
    McInerney Warner Florent
    Gulden Franklin Mcdonald
    Papley Mclean Wicks

Hickey Parker Mills

Kennedy Hewett Stephens Rowbottom

Hewett replaces RB in midfield
    RB replaces O'riordan in defense
    Stephens added to wing rotation / Florent, Jmac rotating fwd instead of medium fwd in Hayward
    Mcdonald replaces Sinkers resting fwd
    Campbell didnt show much, let him learn at lower level
    I'm happy with all of that except for switching Hewett and RB. Also agree with Heeney for Hayward if fit.

It's not that we need to bring McDonald in but it's a good opportunity to do so and to continue his development. He's had a breather and can hopefully come again in the seniors.

I think there's a significant chance they will bring back Blakey ahead of McDonald or Stephens. While I'd like to see Stephens get more game time, I think they want to see him go back and work on something particular (perhaps the defensive side of his game) and, unfortunately, he missed out on the chance to do that last week.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

OUTS:
    1. O'Riordan - he was a step behind on the weekend. Sure, it may be nice for him to get a good run at it but when you are on the fringe, you need to take your chances and I don't think he did.
    2. Sinkers - great club man but is now just depth in a crisis. I'd rather play a temporary non-ruck as a Hickey chop out like Fox or Dawson. I'd also use McLean as ruck for stoppages in our forward 50.

INS:
    1. Heeney - to play almost permanently forward. Buddy to drag Moore away from the drop of the ball leaving Heeney deep.
    2. Campbell - we need to create more run and carry from the D50 and so put some games into Campbell to do this. With Ramps, Fox, mcCartin, and Cunningham doing the bulk of "defending", Campbell, Dawson, and Lloyd can do the rebounding.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I'm happy with all of that except for switching Hewett and RB. Also agree with Heeney for Hayward if fit.

It's not that we need to bring McDonald in but it's a good opportunity to do so and to continue his development. He's had a breather and can hopefully come again in the seniors.

I think there's a significant chance they will bring back Blakey ahead of McDonald or Stephens. While I'd like to see Stephens get more game time, I think they want to see him go back and work on something particular (perhaps the defensive side of his game) and, unfortunately, he missed out on the chance to do that last week.
    I think you are right. NeonBloods pointed out that Stephens only had 7 pressure acts when playing on a wing against Geelong. Asa comparison, McInerney had 18 in that same game. He and Florent average 15+ as our other most comparable outside players. Don't get me wrong, I'm on the Stephens bus and think he'll be a star but am happy for him to keep working on his game in the VFL for a few more games.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    OUTS:
    1. O'Riordan - he was a step behind on the weekend. Sure, it may be nice for him to get a good run at it but when you are on the fringe, you need to take your chances and I don't think he did.
    2. Sinkers - great club man but is now just depth in a crisis. I'd rather play a temporary non-ruck as a Hickey chop out like Fox or Dawson. I'd also use McLean as ruck for stoppages in our forward 50.

INS:
    1. Heeney - to play almost permanently forward. Buddy to drag Moore away from the drop of the ball leaving Heeney deep.
    2. Campbell - we need to create more run and carry from the D50 and so put some games into Campbell to do this. With Ramps, Fox, mcCartin, and Cunningham doing the bulk of "defending", Campbell, Dawson, and Lloyd can do the rebounding.
    Yes, but also Wicks out and McDonald in. Good shout on Fox providing to ruck chop out.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast