Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 9 vs Collingwood.

Stress reaction is a precursor to stress fracture-so they've picked it up early, before its actually reached the fracture stage.

All changes make sense.
    Some serious over reactions here about him coming back in. He was one of our best two weeks ago in the reserves. Campbell is injuried, so it's down to him and Stephens. And Dylan needs to work on a few things before coming back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Early thoughts on changes:

In: Heeney, Blakey
    Out: Sinclair, Gulden
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Lloyd seemed to spend a bit more time in the midfield on Saturday, and I liked what I saw. It will take some adjusting to get used to his absence from defence, it he does spend less time there, but I see a better mix taking place in defence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Interesting that Lloyd has been named in the midfield not defence.
    Changes closely matched my expectations. I've always been a big fan of Hewett, although I haven't been impressed with his work in defence so far, and would have liked us to continue with O'Riordan for at least another game. But someone has to be dropped to make room.

I've been pushing for the move of Lloyd to the midfield and we should see him getting increased playing time there, especially if Hewett can hold down a spot in defence. I wouldn't be surprised to see a bit of swapping of Hewett and Lloyd between midfield and defence.

Interesting that the club decided to pull the plug on both Campbell and Gulden in the same week due to stress reactions. They can keep each other company on the sidelines, which should keep their spirits up .

We all know you are a member of the Match Committee Ludwig

Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    All changes make sense.
    Some serious over reactions here about him coming back in. He was one of our best two weeks ago in the reserves. Campbell is injuried, so it's down to him and Stephens. And Dylan needs to work on a few things before coming back in.
    What does Stephens need to work on? I've heard this a few times but no one has said what. Just interested

Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    All changes make sense.
    I'm happy about the ins too. I think the quality of players strengthens our squad. Stephens should force his way in at some point. I hope we smash the Pies this week.

Quote Originally Posted by cherub View Post
    Stress reaction is a precursor to stress fracture-so they've picked it up early, before its actually reached the fracture stage.
    Ta.
    So, is there an area of bone that's weakened in some way? Or is out of alignment and likely to somehow cause further damage?

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    You bet i would. Said several weeks ago that my opinions of him would be tame compared to what he would cop from JL. Needs to pull his finger out if hes ever gonna be anything more than just a decent mid and he wont get there by being coddled.

- - - Updated - - -

wTF did Blakey do to earn a game can someone explain it to me ?
    Sure you would. And I’m sure he’d listen to about 0.4 seconds of it before turning around to talk to someone he found interesting, or respected, or whose wife he hadn’t misbehaved with.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    What does Stephens need to work on? I've heard this a few times but no one has said what. Just interested
    It’s been mentioned a few times in RWO that his pressure rating from his last game was low - only 7 pressure acts. The club hasn’t said this is the area but it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    It’s been mentioned a few times in RWO that his pressure rating from his last game was low - only 7 pressure acts. The club hasn’t said this is the area but it makes sense.
    That's fair

I wonder what Lloyd's would of been though too

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    You bet i would. Said several weeks ago that my opinions of him would be tame compared to what he would cop from JL. Needs to pull his finger out if hes ever gonna be anything more than just a decent mid and he wont get there by being coddled.

- - - Updated - - -

wTF did Blakey do to earn a game can someone explain it to me ?
    What rock are you living under? Just like JL would talk to Rowbottom he must have thought that Blakey is good enough to come in.
    Atleast he has done more than sitting on the computer typing rude comments about young individuals trying to do their best.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    That's fair

I wonder what Lloyd's would of been though too
    Lloyd averages 14.3 pressure acts this year plus gets the ball at least twice as much.

I’m a big fan of Stephens and think he’ll be a star but we have a pretty good history of playing people when they are ready. For some like Papley and Gulden it was from the get go. For others like Dawson and Hewitt it was after some decent development.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast