Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 9: the other games. Will North break the duck?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Lolololololololololololoololololololololololololol olololololololololololol Hawthorn.

Enjoy your decade of utter misery.
    +1

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I'm watching the GWS Richmond game on Fox with Eddie McGuire commentating. I know that I can't be objective when it comes to Eddie, but he has to be one of the most irritating and repugnant public figures in Australia.

I admire the talent of Dustin Martin, but Eddie's ebullience whenever Martin gets the ball is so sickening that it even rubs off on my opinion of Martin, which I sort of feel bad about.
    We have a million reasons to detest McGuire. One of them is that he's a terrible caller. He didn't happen to mention the Swans/Pies game, did he?

Hoping like hell that the Demons can kill 2 birds with one stone today - smash Carlton and therefore take back top spot from the Fairypuppies!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Very old Swans supporters like myself will remember Round 14, 1973 when we ended a 29 game losing streak by beating Geelong at the Lake Oval.

North Melbourne have 2 losing streaks of over 30 games dating back to the 1930s. After the treatment of Goodesy by North supporters, I'm more than happy for the Kangaroos to again top our record of 29 straight losses.
    Hi Sandridge, I do remember that day in 1973 being also an old South supporter myself. Have found (brief) after match celebrations footage taken from the Sensational Seventies doco. It starts around the 4:40 mark. (There's also bonus footage beforehand of Pitura & Padley of Fitzroy striking each other at the Lake Oval, each receiving suspensions)

AFL-VFL-Glory Days-1973 - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Hi Sandridge, I do remember that day in 1973 being also an old South supporter myself. Have found (brief) after match celebrations footage taken from the Sensational Seventies doco. It starts around the 4:40 mark. (There's also bonus footage beforehand of Pitura & Padley of Fitzroy striking each other at the Lake Oval, each receiving suspensions)

Huge thanks for that KSAS! Fantastic!

I was on the ground celebrating at the end of that game! It was magnificent!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post

Good left hook by Pitura.

Veterans List
    Do we want Freo beaten and dispirited by the Bombers? Or do we want them winning and full of false confidence next week?

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    To be honest, I never minded Clarko that much, till he started telling the AFL how to umpire the game and in particular took cheap shots at Rampe and Papley.

Then he just became a cranky old turd.

And here’s what most Hawks fans have not realised. The bet he made on their list at the end of 2018, to go get Wingard, was a colossal blue. Port went thank you, and it helped them get Rozee, Butters and Dursma - as well as Burton - and they’ve flourished ever since.

And the Hawks now have a rotten list that condemns them to failure for at least five years. Screw him.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Do we want Freo beaten and dispirited by the Bombers? Or do we want them winning and full of false confidence next week?
    Since they're often wildly inconsistent, probably the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Very good question.

On the one hand you'd like them to have cruised to an easy victory, but might be good if they'd exhausted themselves in the game too. If they got totally destroyed by the Bombers, would that help?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    We have a million reasons to detest McGuire. One of them is that he's a terrible caller. He didn't happen to mention the Swans/Pies game, did he?
    I agree he is terrible caller. He's always shouting!

On Friday night when they were previewing our game he said it's "Good v Evil" forgetting we were the home team. He was right 🙂.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I agree he is terrible caller. He's always shouting!

On Friday night when they were previewing our game he said it's "Good v Evil" forgetting we were the home team. He was right 🙂.
    As a commentator, he's at least supposed to pretend he's impartial. He's too arrogant to do that. His involvement in the slanging match with David Koch over the Power's prison bar jumper shows that it still hasn't hit him yet that he's just a commentator now, and that's all.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast