Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Round 9: the other games. Will North break the duck?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I agree he is terrible caller. He's always shouting!

On Friday night when they were previewing our game he said it's "Good v Evil" forgetting we were the home team. He was right 🙂.
    What is he even thinking calling any team evil? Just shows how detached he is from decency. What a silly bunt.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    What is he even thinking calling any team evil? Just shows how detached he is from decency. What a silly bunt.
    During the stoush over the Port Adelaide prison bar jumper, he made reference to the size of David Koch's nose. He's a nasty, vicious and vindictive bully.

Did anyone just see the sportsmanship of Kozzy Pickett from Melbourne.

He kicked at goal and immediately singled to the goal umpire that the ball was touched. He gave up the chance at 6 points because he knew that his shot was touched and wasn’t afraid to say.

What a brilliant example of how the game should be played. I commented on Picketts sportsmanship two weeks ago in my row over Papley’s umpire abuse.

I hope Pickett has a great career. Becoming a favourite of mine.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    Did anyone just see the sportsmanship of Kozzy Pickett from Melbourne.

He kicked at goal and immediately singled to the goal umpire that the ball was touched. He gave up the chance at 6 points because he knew that his shot was touched and wasn’t afraid to say.

What a brilliant example of how the game should be played. I commented on Picketts sportsmanship two weeks ago in my row over Papley’s umpire abuse.

I hope Pickett has a great career. Becoming a favourite of mine.
    Top kid. Gonna be a star.

PS: Paps already is. Don't mistake his passion as being a smartarse....he hardly ever slips up in this manner.

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    To be honest, I never minded Clarko that much, till he started telling the AFL how to umpire the game and in particular took cheap shots at Rampe and Papley.

Then he just became a cranky old turd.

And here’s what most Hawks fans have not realised. The bet he made on their list at the end of 2018, to go get Wingard, was a colossal blue. Port went thank you, and it helped them get Rozee, Butters and Dursma - as well as Burton - and they’ve flourished ever since.

And the Hawks now have a rotten list that condemns them to failure for at least five years. Screw him.
    Hindsight shows that more than a few clubs saw that hawthorn were buying on reputation, and could offload players that didn't fit any more. The giants gave them skully and patton.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Unfortunately for Brett Ratten his comments about tackles and free kicks helped out the rest of the competition over the rest of the weekend just not his Saints on Friday night.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

I know this has been pointed out previously but I was watching First Crack last night and the "experts" were gushing in their praise for Libratore from the dogs, saying how influential he was in their midfield, and they showed highlights of his disposals and fair dinkum, every one was a pass worthy of a five eight in the NRL. When are the umpires going to police these incorrect disposals or if not let all the other teams to pass in that manner. (Ps sarcasm in the last comment)

Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    I know this has been pointed out previously but I was watching First Crack last night and the "experts" were gushing in their praise for Libratore from the dogs, saying how influential he was in their midfield, and they showed highlights of his disposals and fair dinkum, every one was a pass worthy of a five eight in the NRL. When are the umpires going to police these incorrect disposals or if not let all the other teams to pass in that manner. (Ps sarcasm in the last comment)
    Yes, he's actually worse than Bontempelli.

Titus has posted his weekly review: The Monday Knee Jerk Reaction: AFL Round Nine - Titus O'Reily | Don’t have faith in yourself.

He had this comment about HTB adjudication:

Across the weekend holding the ball was a lucky dip.
    It used to be if you got spun 360 degrees in a tackle it was holding the ball. Now it seems you can spin around more than a figure skater and there’s no call.
    Even worse, sometimes someone will get tackled with no prior opportunity and it will be called against them.
    Looking for consistency in AFL umpiring isn’t something that anyone who wants to be happy does, but on this issue, it’s hard to ignore.

I also enjoyed this comment about Hawthorn:

North, despite being down, obviously felt secure in the knowledge that finally, they were playing someone at their level, so they never gave up.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Veterans List
    This Titus bit made me laugh.....a lot.

"Hawthorn, finding new depths each week, led by 32 points in this game.

Against North that should be enough, but the Hawks are currently redefining their brand, from Penfold Grange to West End.

It’s been a successful rebranding."

Long may they languish.....

I saw that too. He'd make a great scrum-half.

Amazing number of injuries this year across the comp. I think the swans have been pretty lucky so far.

Nothing's changed since 2016 in that regard. Were chuckers then, still chuckers now.... made me angry then, still makes me angry now. But its rife across the competition now sadly, so many 'handballs' are much closer to a dummy half's pass in rugby league (especially in close quarters) then a handball.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234