Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 9: Swans v Pies.

I hope Longmire gives them a serious bake. Lazy, undisciplined rabble.

We're winning the "Dinky little kicks, poorly executed, to no one in particular" stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    The umpires are the least of our problems
    Completely agree. Let’s play better before we start complaining about the umpires. We are not running hard enough without the ball.

We are back to the not looking like kicking 5 goals a game team! Outnumbered 2 to 1 in our forward line.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    McLean playing well - no goals but looks a bit more assertive around the ground - good to see.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    The umpires are the least of our problems
    I wouldn’t say that. We’ve had 3 goals kicked against us that were the direct result of dubious umpiring. They missed Rampe getting shoved out of the contest (two hands in the back), after which DeGoey kicked his first. The other 2 resulted directly from soft frees in front of goal.

If only our forwards were treated in a similar manner.

Veterans List
    Our inside 50 efficiency is 30.8%. Terrible.

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanSand View Post
    Completely agree. Let’s play better before we start complaining about the umpires. We are not running hard enough without the ball.
    Still I am amazed by our home ground advantage. De Geoy gets a free kick and goal because Rampe chopped the arms. Franklin has his arms chopped and its play on. We always get the worse of the umpiring at the SCG. Why?

Cunningham by foot is atrocious, every week sides like the ball in his hand . Cant kick over a jam jar so does dinky little kicks that often miss a target . Good shutdown defender but not someone we want as a playmaker off half back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    We have been sloppy with the ball. Early in the quarter our short kicks were horrible but maybe it was due to the wind.

We have to stop bombing it in. We can't rush and need to lower our eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor 01 View Post
    Still I am amazed by our home ground advantage. De Geoy gets a free kick and goal because Rampe chopped the arms. Franklin has his arms chopped and its play on. We always get the worse of the umpiring at the SCG. Why?
    You're allowed to chop Buddy's arms and then jump all over him when he's down

Veterans List
    To the umpire apologists....it matters not if we are playing badly, if we are getting a raw deal which is leading to soft goals to the opposition, it is worth complaining about. They say 'you make your own luck' but it's no fun being licked when your down.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast