Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Round 9: Swans v Pies.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Every Swans team needs an LRT
    Well said!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

I thought what was significant about that performance was the way we were able to change things to stop the Pies scoring and to find a way to move the ball through their defence.

We were playing some free flowing football at times again.

Longmire completely out coached Buckley.

To me it’s a sign that we have plans B, C and D and we may see a bit more of the rounds 1-3 Swans in the future.

Another excellent and free write up by The Mongrelpunt.

Sydney v Collingwood - The Good, Bad and Ugly - The Mongrel Punt

Suspended by the MRP
    I was non fussed about Hewett being in the 22. Hes a fine player but nor t sure he's one we should be playing when we could be getting games into others. But watching the job he did on Pendelbury yesterday reminded me he is an asset. Shut down the oppos best mid and get 20 touches @ 80% disposal efficiency .. you've gotta be playing . Dunno how we fit him in the midfield along with Jpk Parker Mills Chad Florent and Jmac though.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    I think McLean, Franklin, McDonald and Reid will rotate out of the team at various times. Injury, form and team balance will dictate which of these players are chosen.

McLean has put forth a strong case for being picked in the first 22 ahead of Reid, so Reid can take his time to get over his injury. This means we won't need to rush Reid back into the team as quickly as we have done in the past. Both players will benefit.
    I agree we don't need Reid to rush but also I think he was having his best season of his career til he got injured. Reid can also pinch hit in the ruck and go down back when required.

I think it is good to have tough choices.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    I was non fussed about Hewett being in the 22. Hes a fine player but nor t sure he's one we should be playing when we could be getting games into others. But watching the job he did on Pendelbury yesterday reminded me he is an asset. Shut down the oppos best mid and get 20 touches @ 80% disposal efficiency .. you've gotta be playing . Dunno how we fit him in the midfield along with Jpk Parker Mills Chad Florent and Jmac though.
    Unsung hero. Will need him big time if we make finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I thought what was significant about that performance was the way we were able to change things to stop the Pies scoring and to find a way to move the ball through their defence.

To me it’s a sign that we have plans B, C and D and we may see a bit more of the rounds 1-3 Swans in the future.

Good write up and I liked the little message at the end.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Unsung hero. Will need him big time if we make finals.
    Possibly. You didnt answer my question how do you fit him in the midfield with all those players ahead of him ? Or if hes in defense who makes way for him ?

Veterans List

Yeah, that was good; on Kennedy and Parker in particular.

Josh will go again next year - he'll make 300 games (he's on 267), and should play 300 for the Swans (313 in total). Parker is having his most prolific year in terms of average disposals.

Liked the shout out for Lloyd. Most underrated by his team's supporters. His run out of defence is critical; he'd be number one for handball receives.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Good write up and I liked the little message at the end.
    "daed si skcuB"

I liked it too

- - - Updated - - -

Possibly. You didnt answer my question how do you fit him in the midfield with all those players ahead of him ? Or if hes in defense who makes way for him ?
    I thought Pendles was playing forward so Hewett was playing in defence, having taken COR's spot. I don't know if they'll play him every week or if it will be a horses for courses approach. Next week there's Fyfe who is probably a bit more of a de Goey/Heeney type, certainly much better in the air than Pendles. I can see Rampe getting the job rather than Hewett.

Suspended by the MRP
    "daed si skcuB"

I liked it too

- - - Updated - - -

I thought Pendles was playing forward so Hewett was playing in defence, having taken COR's spot. I don't know if they'll play him every week or if it will be a horses for courses approach. Next week there's Fyfe who is probably a bit more of a de Goey/Heeney type, certainly much better in the air than Pendles. I can see Rampe getting the job rather than Hewett.
    Yes but around stoppages it would be valuable to have him there putting the clamps on the oppos best mid. If not him then you know who else could.

Could see Hewett leaving end of the year.

Senior Player
    Yes but around stoppages it would be valuable to have him there putting the clamps on the oppos best mid. If not him then you know who else could.

Could see Hewett leaving end of the year.
    Hewett leaving? Why can you see that?

- - - Updated - -

- - - Updated - - -

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Hewett leaving? Why can you see that?

- - - Updated - -

- - - Updated - - -
    Dont see a role for him in the team. Hes not a defender. Good tagger but would not have him in there over Kennedy Parker Mills or Chad. Hes behind Florent and Jmac on a wing. If we are rebuilding id play Rowbottom as the tagger over him. His career is in limbo. Blokes in limbo look at their options and hes out of contract this year so you do the math.