Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 9: Swans v Pies.

Hickey is heating Grundy pretty convincingly at the moment. Our midfield nerds to capitalise on his dominance.

Good to keep Collingwood goalless that quarter. Definitely outtackled and outpressured them. Hopefully we keep that up in the second half.

Senior Player
    Dont get me wrong previous posters - I bloody hope we win. But it is not looking good for the next 4-6 weeks.

I hope this doesn't come back to bite me on the bum but I really like McCartin's reading of the ball - you can tell he was a forward.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    To the umpire apologists....it matters not if we are playing badly, if we are getting a raw deal which is leading to soft goals to the opposition, it is worth complaining about. They say 'you make your own luck' but it's no fun being licked when your down.
    Spot on! Just because you're playing badly doesn't mean you "deserve" to be screwed by umpires. A lot of us rationalized the 2016 GF loss by saying. "Oh well, we didn't play our best anyway." You should get a fair go from umps regardless of your standard of play!

Suspended by the MRP
    Shocking first half. Effort lifted in the second q but we dont have enough game breakers

Senior Player
    Much better quarter and our disposal efficiency improved while the increase in our pressure impacted on the Pies efficiency.
    Fox is playing well and his effort to hold up the Pies attack when outnumbered 3-1 was impressive.
    Free kicks are 14-7 in our favour and we were probably the recipients of a couple of soft frees in that quarter.
    Buddy doesn’t appear to be fully fit as yet but is playing with a bit of fire.
    If he was fully fit he would have had a shot when he ran into the 50 rather than try to pass off.
    Still quietly confident that we can pull away and get the points.

Hopefully we can go on with it. We seem to have figured the Pies out offensively that Q.

Poor Franklin. Can just get hit in the head

Veterans List
    Buddy gets an arm chop free......again, amazing! Misses....damn it.

I think our forward line is now more functional without Lance Franklin.

Great game by Wicks

Veterans List
    We have to kick those. Who knows how many opportunities we are going to get.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast