Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 9: Swans v Pies.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I'm genuinely surprised at how many contests he gets to. I enjoyed watching him play last year and assumed if he developed as a forward it would be as a stay at home tall, but he looked to be effectively playing as a lead up CHF for large chunks of today.

He really must have put in the hard yards during the pre-season. Agree that coaches must love him, he seems to be learning every game.
    I’m sure I read somewhere recently it’s the first time he’s actually had a pre-season.

As for the other Mc - McInerney - I know there’s a lot of focus, rightly, on a lot of our young talents but gee he’s got the ability to be as good as any of them. He’s playing consistently good footy, has terrific foot skills and his ability to truly run the length of the ground is special.

Having an old-fashioned winger is something we’ve not had since Hanners at his peak (even if he was a bit more inside).

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    I’m sure I read somewhere recently it’s the first time he’s actually had a pre-season.

As for the other Mc - McInerney - I know there’s a lot of focus, rightly, on a lot of our young talents but gee he’s got the ability to be as good as any of them. He’s playing consistently good footy, has terrific foot skills and his ability to truly run the length of the ground is special.

Having an old-fashioned winger is something we’ve not had since Hanners at his peak (even if he was a bit more inside).
    Love McInerney! Reminds me of a young hanneberry but potentially with better disposal! Great gut runner

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sun View Post
    Rampe was a bit stiff there, two hands in the back - play on.
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Love McInerney! Reminds me of a young hanneberry but potentially with better disposal! Great gut runner
    Massive tank and will only get better. Recruiting master stroke.

Veterans List
    I was thinking how nice it was seeing the players singing the song on the ground. I just read that the covid restrictions meant they couldn't sing the song indoors.

Suspended by the MRP
    Good day. I dont know what Longmire gave to them at ht but it worked. 2nd quarter we lifted our intensity but skills were still letting us down. 3rd quarter we picked them up started hitting targets and using it well going forward. Makes a difference.

Mclean- I did not give this chap much of a hope of staying on the list beyond this yr but thats it now, you can give him his contract. Hungry for every ball that comes his way and a work horse around the ground. Mummy like.
    McInerney- Have told you all. Weapon. Runs his arse off and uses the ball exceptionally well. Shame his flawless goal accuracy record was tainted today !
    Wicks- I was wrong about this kid. Forget Longmir eneeding to put a rocket up his arse he automatically plays with one up there !
    Rampe- A maestro of defence and so good to see him winning 1v1s again. That uncontested mark that he spilt earned a great laughter from the bay around me , because it was so unlike him ! Who else could get away with that!!

Heeney-Barometer for our side. seems to only be as good as the team giving it to him. Having said that his fwd craft his exceptional and cant be faulted.
    Parker-Seemed a bit off today ?? Did a few things he didnt need to do and seemed agitated off the ball with the niggling from opponents that doesnt usually phase him.
    Chad- Need i say more ? Told you all about this kid preseason.
    McCartin - HUGE game. Got a close up look at how he works his opponents. He sticks to them like glue. Gives away the odd free at times but gee whiz we have a star defender here.
    Lloyd- Wherea re the people who were hounding him ?? Zipped lips when he ran through the middle of the scg like that. He and Paps were the only ones to do that all day and BOTh resulted in goals !
    Rowbottom-did some nice things. tackled well.
    Hickey-felt like he broke even with Grundy ?? I dont know what the commentators were saying but they better have been in agreement with that !
    Papley- Love seeing those little legs going !!!! Little man syndrome and OUR villain. Suck it Eddie !!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Good day. I dont know what Longmire gave to them at ht but it worked. 2nd quarter we lifted our intensity but skills were still letting us down. 3rd quarter we picked them up started hitting targets and using it well going forward. Makes a difference.

Mclean- I did not give this chap much of a hope of staying on the list beyond this yr but thats it now, you can give him his contract. Hungry for every ball that comes his way and a work horse around the ground. Mummy like.
    McInerney- Have told you all. Weapon. Runs his arse off and uses the ball exceptionally well. Shame his flawless goal accuracy record was tainted today !
    Wicks- I was wrong about this kid. Forget Longmir eneeding to put a rocket up his arse he automatically plays with one up there !
    Rampe- A maestro of defence and so good to see him winning 1v1s again. That uncontested mark that he spilt earned a great laughter from the bay around me , because it was so unlike him ! Who else could get away with that!!

Heeney-Barometer for our side. seems to only be as good as the team giving it to him. Having said that his fwd craft his exceptional and cant be faulted.
    Parker-Seemed a bit off today ?? Did a few things he didnt need to do and seemed agitated off the ball with the niggling from opponents that doesnt usually phase him.
    Chad- Need i say more ? Told you all about this kid preseason.
    McCartin - HUGE game. Got a close up look at how he works his opponents. He sticks to them like glue. Gives away the odd free at times but gee whiz we have a star defender here.
    Lloyd- Wherea re the people who were hounding him ?? Zipped lips when he ran through the middle of the scg like that. He and Paps were the only ones to do that all day and BOTh resulted in goals !
    Rowbottom-did some nice things. tackled well.
    Hickey-felt like he broke even with Grundy ?? I dont know what the commentators were saying but they better have been in agreement with that !
    Papley- Love seeing those little legs going !!!! Little man syndrome and OUR villain. Suck it Eddie !!
    Agree with your insights but without inciting anything Rowbottom played another top game

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    After he said he goes out there and tries to make friends with his opponent I turned to Stella junior and all I could think to say was "that's adorable" and he smiled and agreed. What a wonderful guy to have the opportunity to cheer for at our club.
    Hey Stell , how old is Stella junior now?? - he’d be at Uni??
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Agree with your insights but without inciting anything Rowbottom played another top game
    Nothing incited its your opinion your allowed it and i reckon most would agree with you

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I was thinking how nice it was seeing the players singing the song on the ground. I just read that the covid restrictions meant they couldn't sing the song indoors.
    Which explains why Horse had a Zoom style press conference. I was wondering why.

Strong performance. Four points:

Do I need to stop longing for the scintillating, corridor brand of football in weeks 1-3? Looks like hard contested football is the way forward.

Really liking what McLean is bringing. Tackles, pressures, marks strongly and makes good decisions. Will McLean keep Reid out for team for the rest of the year?

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Hey Stell , how old is Stella junior now?? - he’d be at Uni??
    At the risk of making us feel old- he's just turned 20 this year (he would have been only 2 or 3 when we started chatting on here)! Not at uni, but normally would have been- he's in the cohort of kids that had were finishing their HSC when the madness started and is just in limbo now of "maybe next year? again?"
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    Strong performance. Four points:

Do I need to stop longing for the scintillating, corridor brand of football in weeks 1-3? Looks like hard contested football is the way forward.

Really liking what McLean is bringing. Tackles, pressures, marks strongly and makes good decisions. Will McLean keep Reid out for team for the rest of the year?
    I think McLean, Franklin, McDonald and Reid will rotate out of the team at various times. Injury, form and team balance will dictate which of these players are chosen.

McLean has put forth a strong case for being picked in the first 22 ahead of Reid, so Reid can take his time to get over his injury. This means we won't need to rush Reid back into the team as quickly as we have done in the past. Both players will benefit.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast