Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 10 V Freo.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    The Dockers
    IN: Luke Ryan, Josh Treacy
    OUT: Andy Brayshaw (injured), Taylin Duman (omitted)
    B: James Aish, Griffin Logue, Luke Ryan
    HB: Nathan Wilson, Brennan Cox, Darcy Tucker
    C: Blake Acres, David Mundy, Travis Colyer
    HF: Sam Switkowski, Rory Lobb, Mitch Crowden
    F: Lachie Schultz, Matt Taberner, Michael Walters
    R/Fol: Sean Darcy, Nat Fyfe, Adam Cerra
    I: Josh Treacy, Tobe Watson, Caleb Serong, Liam Henry
    E: Lloyd Meek, Taylin Duman, Connor Blakely, Reece Conca
    Umpires:Justin Power (4), Jeff Dalgleish (7), Brendan Hosking (16)
    Luke Ryan is a big in - he got three Brownlow votes against us last year.

Credit to Bangalore Swans for his Stephens 'on a big wide deck' call.

JMac had his best game for us on Saturday and is a third year player so not exactly fresh off the boat. His back must be pretty sensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Luke Ryan is a big in - he got three Brownlow votes against us last year.

Credit to Bangalore Swans for his Stephens 'on a big wide deck' call.
    Cheers mate. Like TheBloods, I’m happy for Stephens to be let lose on the “big wide deck”.

Shame J-Mac is out as he would also suit the “wide open expanses” of Perth.

TheBloods and I are hoping that Stephens cements a spot so that it won’t be him to make way when J-Mac comes back.

I see a centre line of J-Mac, Warner and Stephens making life very difficult for any opposition.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonBible View Post
    The Arcade Fire album!! One of the great records of my late twenties that helped get me through a lengthy dissertation!
    Fair enough. It’s a fine album. As were Funeral, and The Suburbs. They all still get a bit of airtime up our way.
    The book is definitely worth a look too. Toole’s debut novel that he entered into a competition, which he subsequently won. The remarkable thing – he wrote it when he was 16.
    Harry Cunningham is a massive fan of John Kennedy Toole. (I actually made that last sentence up to avoid being sprung by the mods for being off-topic).

And well done on the dissertation!
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    JMac had his best game for us on Saturday and is a third year player so not exactly fresh off the boat. His back must be pretty sensitive.
    I think Longmire is just trying to keep him fresh. He is replaced by a like for like. Both are fierce competitors. Both deliver the ball well. Both are fast and provide run and carry. One day both of these guys are going to blow games apart by running rings around opponents

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

I think it’s a great opportunity for Stephens to prove he’s best 22. And ground should suit him.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I think it’s a great opportunity for Stephens to prove he’s best 22. And ground should suit him.
    Indeed it will. Open spaces everywhere to run

I think this is a good opportunity to cement our place in the top eight. We will have to play them on a deck they love but I think we are up for the challenge. I love the way we have been able to extract ourselves from a bad situation. But this week getting off to a good start and maintaining that momentum all day would be good. These slow starts are frustrating.

The make up of the side is going to be interesting as the year moves on. With Sam Naismith returning to the reserves we might end up with two genuine ruckmen at some stage. The great thing about that is Hickey can go forward and kick goals. He has already proven that.

Joel Amartey is flying in the reserves. His last game was a wonderful exhibition of forward work. He is developing into a very dangerous forward. If he can continue to hold his marks he will be called up at some stage, possibly very soon as Bud will need a break after Perth no doubt. Picked as an emergency for this game I doubt he went to Perth though. So Sub is probably Clarke.

Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    Fair enough. It’s a fine album. As were Funeral, and The Suburbs. They all still get a bit of airtime up our way.
    The book is definitely worth a look too. Toole’s debut novel that he entered into a competition, which he subsequently won. The remarkable thing – he wrote it when he was 16.
    Harry Cunningham is a massive fan of John Kennedy Toole. (I actually made that last sentence up to avoid being sprung by the mods for being off-topic).

And well done on the dissertation!
    Hehe thanks! That trio of albums they released would be one of the better streaks a band has had. Sensational live band, too!

Back on the subject of this fixture .. ball use will be important. Especially if its wet. Midfield battle will be fascinating. Hickey vs Darcy two very in form rucks. Some veteran superstars - Fyfe, Mundy vs Joey, Parks. Some young guns - Serong, Cerra vs Paddlebum, The Chad!

Brayshaw out is an incredible bonus for us! Looking at the Dockers midfielders they have three kicking at over 60% efficiency this year and Brayshaw is one of them! Thats one less prime ball winner to worry about! Cerra and Mundy are the other two. But Cerra is under an injury cloud. We have three midfielders also going at over 60% kicking efficiency. One of them is Oli Florent. He has been mostly on a wing, going through inside intermittently.. Curious if we could benefit from him spending more time inside? Add a bit more class to our inside brigade and really give us that edge around the contest! He could swap with Chad on a wing?? I have LOVED what Chad has shown in 2021 but he is kicking at 49% efficiency! It is hard on a young lad but that is sub standard!! He could do with maybe finding some easy balls out on a wing for a few weeks!!

Rainy games... blughhhh!! They suck!! I oppose the common held theory that territory wins you game in the wet. I believe it is skill!! We won the territory battle over the Dees (won inside 50s by 12!!) but they used the slippery ball much cleaner than we did. The team that handles and uses the wet ball the cleanest... wins! Therefore i would be in favour of Oli playing inside this week and Chad on the wing - he & Dylan can be the peroxide wingers!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Are you well ?
    Hes suffering from picktitis. A condition where the pick taken in the draft forever defines the skill of the player.

Carlton is an example where picktitis spread throughout a whole club, as the 'poached' high pick players from GWS, despite them not doing much since being picked.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I think this is a good opportunity to cement our place in the top eight. We will have to play them on a deck they love but I think we are up for the challenge. I love the way we have been able to extract ourselves from a bad situation. But this week getting off to a good start and maintaining that momentum all day would be good. These slow starts are frustrating.
    I agree. It’s a real 8 point game. If we win and Giants and Saints lose as is probable, we’ll be 3 games and percentage clear. Lose and they’ll be breathing down our necks.

We’re a side that travels well with the exception of Freo. Now is the perfect time to change that.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Of the four emergencies, Clarke and O’Riordan named in the VFL side. Interestingly the coach Laidler also named in the squad

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast