Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Changes for Rnd 10 V Freo.

Agree HIAG - important match for us to really show we've taken a step forward. Our performance against Freo last season was woeful, but the year before we lost an absolute thriller against them. I think we are significantly better then we were for either of those clashes, so have confidence, and expect Optus will suit our evolving game style more than other grounds. Not so keen on the potential wet weather being talked about, but our forward pressure has been good this year, so long may it continue.

Critical run of games coming up before the bye - 3 wins from 4 is a bare minimum if we want to be more than just making up numbers if we do make finals.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Critical run of games coming up before the bye - 3 wins from 4 is a bare minimum if we want to be more than just making up numbers if we do make finals.
    I am confident of 4 from 4, and with 3 of the four we need to keep them out of the 8 in our stead. My concern is the four games straight after the bye - we lose probably 2, but can easily drop all 4. Win 6 from 8 and then it's just about seeing how high we can finish. Lose more than 3 and we are scrapping to make the 8 at all.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by HeeneyIsAGun View Post
    I am confident of 4 from 4, and with 3 of the four we need to keep them out of the 8 in our stead. My concern is the four games straight after the bye - we lose probably 2, but can easily drop all 4. Win 6 from 8 and then it's just about seeing how high we can finish. Lose more than 3 and we are scrapping to make the 8 at all.
    You're assuming none of the other current top-8 sides are not going to have a drop in form. Richmond are looking a little vulnerable right now, due to injuries. They finish ninth a lot, something they've not done yet in an odd-numbered year but there's always a first time.

We need to start winning away from home. We last won an away game in round 3 against Richmond.

Our away record against Fremantle is not great. 4 wins from 14 games (29%), our worst away record against all current sides. We have not won yet against Fremantle at Perth stadium (out of two games).

Our four away wins:
    1998 R15: 13 points. 7th vs 12th.
    1999 R21: 33 points. 8th vs 15th.
    2010 R20: 9 points. 7th vs 5th.
    2016 R16: 90 points. 3rd vs 16th.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Senior Player
    I reckon of all our defeats in 2020 the game against freo was our most comprehensive drubbing of the year. It wasn't the biggest margin but at no stage did we even look like it. We kicked 2 goals for the game and were completely outplayed. Every other game we at least gave ourselves a chance.
    The players who played in that game not playing today were: Sinclair, O'Riordan, Zac Foot, Jackson Thurlow, Bell, Reid and Melican. Replaced by Rampe, Hewitt, Franklin, Heeney, Warner, Hickey and McLean.
    A stronger looking team I'd argue.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    I reckon of all our defeats in 2020 the game against freo was our most comprehensive drubbing of the year. It wasn't the biggest margin but at no stage did we even look like it. We kicked 2 goals for the game and were completely outplayed. Every other game we at least gave ourselves a chance.
    The players who played in that game not playing today were: Sinclair, O'Riordan, Zac Foot, Jackson Thurlow, Bell, Reid and Melican. Replaced by Rampe, Hewitt, Franklin, Heeney, Warner, Hickey and McLean.
    That is a much stronger team ! Rampe the general , Buddy the champion fwd , Heeney a gun , Hickey a top 3 big man in the comp this year, Warner our best kid , Hewett and McLean no slouches either !

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    Suspect you'd face no reasonable rebuttal on that argument - self-evidently better.

Pushing for Selection
    Buddy the champion fwd. Bwahh ha ha!

Quote Originally Posted by greeng View Post
    If you're looking for a bite, come on down to Ulladulla. There's plenty of fishing holes to try and snag one.

Bad game to drop, worse way to do it. We completely went to sleep in the 3rd quarter. Just prevent a couple of those soft goals, or score a couple of our own and we would have run away with it.

I stand by my earlier statement... I think we are just making up the numbers in the 8 now, and that's if we make it. Hopefully we can and win at least our first final, but I don't think this will be our year without something miraculous.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by greeng View Post
    You need to make your point more clearly. We're pretty slow around here.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678